Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US metal pins,some "sterling" marked info needed

Article about: 2 look like oak leaves,then doulble bar,2 ZD shields,one enamel RM pin,2 rank bars,2 tiny gold youk bars,oak leaf pin back and anchor pin.Any info appreciated,ww2?

Default US metal pins,some "sterling" marked info needed

2 look like oak leaves,then double bar pin,2 ZD shields,one enamel RM pin,2 rank bars,2 tiny gold yoke bars,oak leaf pin back and anchor pin.Any info appreciated,ww2?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US metal pins,some "sterling" marked info needed   US metal pins,some "sterling" marked info needed  

US metal pins,some "sterling" marked info needed   US metal pins,some "sterling" marked info needed  

US metal pins,some "sterling" marked info needed   US metal pins,some "sterling" marked info needed  

?

Captain,Major and Lt. Col. rank,looks like a buttonhole pin,2 distinctive unit insignia,unit citation and a Korea one that I do not remember and 2 maybe teamster? Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Thanks Rich!

That's a Korean presidential unit citation and a presidential unit citation with oakleaf cluster.
    https://www.medalsofamerica.com/Item--i-R828S

Presidential Unit Citation
    Last edited by carpediem; 12-24-2017 at 11:31 PM.

The Lt Col ranks are Vietnam era made by N.S. Meyer. The 22-M shield dates them from 1965-1967.
    The Cpt's bars and Major oak leaf do appear to be WW II. The US Army shield is probably a sweatheart piece.

The Air Logistics Command ZD pins are not DUIs. The ZD stands for Zero Defects, I think they are simply lapel pins given as an award.

I am not sure what the anchor is, although I assume it is US Navy, Coast Guard or Merchant Marine related. Judging by the "top hat" style clutches, it is early WW II.

Anchor Device is a "Midshipman's Hat badge worn at the US Naval Academy. This is the old version. The newer version has the fouled anchor

Smitty

Thanks guys for the info,I appreciate it!