Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Us navy rating badges

Article about: Here's some bullion examples of pre 41 Rating Badges This is on a uniform and it is named and dated 1911. Yeoman (1911) Commissary Steward Electrician's Mate Gunner's Mate Machinist's Mate M

Default Re: Us navy rating badges

The companies that made the rating badges sometime made rates in anticipation before they were approve by the navy. Even though so of the below rates were not approve the sailor wore them any way.
    Some example of pre ww2:
    Aviation Electrician's Mate was not approve until 1942. This one is pre ww2.
    Us navy rating badges

Aviation Gunner's Mate, this rate was never approve(pre ww2)
    Us navy rating badgesUs navy rating badges

Aviation Yeoman never approved (pre ww2)
    Us navy rating badges

WW2 examples that were never approved
    Officer Steward rating badge
    Us navy rating badges

Pt boat rating
    Us navy rating badges

Ordnance Battalion was approve as adistinguishing mark only

Aviation Radarman
    Us navy rating badges

Storekeeper Technical
    Us navy rating badges

Aviation Utility was approve as a distinguishing mark only
    Us navy rating badgesUs navy rating badgesUs navy rating badgesUs navy rating badgesUs navy rating badgesUs navy rating badges

Jason

Just got these in.

Aviation Quartermaster 1918-1921
    2nd class,1st class, chief
    Us navy rating badges

Master at Arms 1893-1921
    These are in the 1918-1921 period
    3rd class, 1st class, chief
    Us navy rating badges

Jason

Fantastic thread. I'll have to dig up my patches and see if I have some of these older ones. Very nice collection.

Burt
    FTM3 USS Independence CV-62, 1981-1986 FOX Division

Hi Guys,
    I bought a old liberty jumper set. Could be Civil War also could be from 1866-1869. The uniform is named so will have to research it to determine the exact date.
    Any way thought I post the insignia here. Will post the uniform soon in the uniform section.

Jason

Us navy rating badgesNot sure of this one, thought I'd share it.Us navy rating badges

Incredible collection Thank you, a superb reference this is just like a book

What Jason said is a fact, he has more rates than any other collector I know of, following in the tradition of the late John C. Helvey who was the "Father of CPO Rates." John A. Stacey and CWO-4 Lester B. Tucker would be proud of Jason who will continue when they retire from the field, hopefully not soon! I maintain a free website for collectors which they can download anything I have in 2,500 albums for free, even have the 1841, 1851, 1883, 1886, 1897, 1905, 1917, 1920 and 1941 Uniform Regulations of the United States Navy, colour plates are included which started in 1886 and lastly in 1941. Have uniform regulations for the Coast Guard, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Public Health Service and other nations too! That rate for a Chief Torpedoman qualified as a Seaman Gunner Jason uses for his avatar is outstanding! Don't know if we are allowed to show the address of other websites here? In any event, email me if you want to know. I do not want to break any rules knowingly here! Keep up the excellent work, Jason, you do us proud! Herbert Hillary Booker 2nd of Palm Coast, Florida 32137
    Herbert Hillary Booker 2nd

Thanks for the kind words Sarge!

Jason

Very interesting post, have learned a lot.

A collector in Poland sent me two packages filled with U.S. Navy WW2 CPO rates that I forwarded to John A. Stacey and he sent me two of his books autographed and dedicated to the Polish collector which I promptly mail first-class air-mail and they were quickly receiced and that collector in Poland is enjoying not one, but both of Stacey's well written and illustrated books. A story with a happy ending!
    Herbert Hillary Booker 2nd

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast