Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

US Paratrooper wings

Article about: These look good to me, but could someone please confirm this (multiple confirmations would be OK too! ) to put my mind at ease before I pull the trigger. Thanks, Brian

Default US Paratrooper wings

These look good to me, but could someone please confirm this (multiple confirmations would be OK too! ) to put my mind at ease before I pull the trigger.
    Thanks,
    Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Paratrooper wings   US Paratrooper wings  

Default re: US Paratrooper wings

Quote by Brian T View Post
    These look good to me, but could someone please confirm this (multiple confirmations would be OK too! ) to put my mind at ease before I pull the trigger.
    Thanks,
    Brian

Brian,
    Having spent over 20 years in airborne units and having had a number of jump wings over the years, I can't seen anything wrong with these. That being said If the price is not staggering I would take a chance.

Terry

?

take the jump, nice pair

Thank you gentlemen! They sold for $70 (USD) and I am not the one who purchased them.
    Reason being, is that the seller did not indicate what size they were. I am pretty certain that they were the smaller "shirt size" just because if you look at the "STERLING", it would have to be an extraordinary large stamp if those were 3-inch wings.
    I was thinking $70 might be a tad high for that size or am I wrong?

Quote by hawk3370 View Post
    Brian,
    Having spent over 20 years in airborne units and having had a number of jump wings over the years, I can't seen anything wrong with these. That being said If the price is not staggering I would take a chance.

Terry
    Not wanting to miss an opportunity to thank someone who served... Terry, I give you a sincere and heart-felt thank you for your service to our country!

Hi Brian,

This was a full sized para wing. There is no such thing as a 3" para wing. That is only for aircrew wings. The para wings run just about exactly 1.5 inches wide. There are smaller wings that you will see worn on the garrison caps and that were also used as sweethearts but that is it for sizes.
    This looked like a good WWII vintage graduation wing.

Cheers
    Gary

Quote by Gary Cain View Post
    Hi Brian,

This was a full sized para wing. There is no such thing as a 3" para wing. That is only for aircrew wings. The para wings run just about exactly 1.5 inches wide. There are smaller wings that you will see worn on the garrison caps and that were also used as sweethearts but that is it for sizes.
    This looked like a good WWII vintage graduation wing.

Cheers
    Gary
    Thanks Gary. Looks like I screwed up and let a good set of wings get away. I appreciate the education and won't make the same mistake next time.

Quote by Brian T View Post
    Not wanting to miss an opportunity to thank someone who served... Terry, I give you a sincere and heart-felt thank you for your service to our country!
    Brian,
    Thanks for your kind comment ref service. I was fortunate in that I spent most of my 25 years service in the 82nd, Special Forces the 101st and 18th Airborne Corps. When not actually assigned to one of the above I was supporting them as an aviator. With about 5 years in leg assignments during interm periods. So I consider myself a dedicated trooper.

Having said all that lets go back to the jump wings. I think $70 was a bit steep, I think thats to high for any sterling jump wing but the market is getting scary. The standard full size jump wings are 1 1/2" not 3". I don't recall ever seeing a shirt size jump wing. I have seen sweetheart wings in the px of smaller size but not to be worn by the soldier themselves.

Terry