Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

US Shoulder sleeve insignia: any ideas?

Article about: A long time ago, when I was in preschool, my bus driver gave me this. He knew I liked this stuff. I forgot about it and now I found it. I'm not sure if it is WW2 or not. Thanks guys.

Default US Shoulder sleeve insignia: any ideas?

A long time ago, when I was in preschool, my bus driver gave me this. He knew I liked this stuff. I forgot about it and now I found it. I'm not sure if it is WW2 or not. Thanks guys.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Shoulder sleeve insignia: any ideas?   US Shoulder sleeve insignia: any ideas?  

?

Default re: US Shoulder sleeve insignia: any ideas?

Insignia for the Us 11th Armored Cavalry..

Looks period, but can't be sure. Have you run a blacklight over it?

11th Armored Cavalry Regiment (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow, thanks a lot! Do you know if this patch is WW2? I would think it is Vietnam era.

?

Just edited my post but looking at it again, it may be VN era...Blacklight should confirm..

Do you know ANY stores that sell blacklights? I noticed you are a close state nieghbor, so we probably would have the same stores around each other.

?

I've seen them at gun shows from $10 on up (that's where I got mine). Ebay has a ton of them available. If you're not big on purchasing online, most petshops (PETCO, Pet's Plus, etc) carry them for fishtanks (scorpions and other reptiles glow under blacklight). They're not very portable as they have to be plugged in, but if you're just using it at home, it serves it's purpose.

Wouldn't know where you could buy a portable one in store. Maybe a Lowe's or Home Depot? You could probably buy a standard tube flashlight and they may carry blacklight bulbs to fit the flashlight; not sure though as I've never looked.

Whereabouts are you from?

Ohio, cleveland.

11th Armored Cav (Black Horse), in 1968 the unit was working in the Delta. Their base camp was about 15 miles from Bearcat and about 50 miles from Siagon. Spent some time with them while Bearcat was under attack during the post TET Offensive, we moved our gunships over there for a couple weeks. I would say this patch is Vietnam period.
    Terry

Thanks a lot guys.