Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US WWI Armband?

Article about: Hello I would like some input as to what this armband was used for. I know it is from WWI. Was this worn in combat or was it only worn on dress uniforms? Is it possible that this could be a

?

Default US WWI Armband?

Hello
    I would like some input as to what this armband was used for. I know it is from WWI. Was this worn in combat or was it only worn on dress uniforms? Is it possible that this could be a post war piece that was use at reunions? I will really appreciate any help.
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US WWI Armband?   US WWI Armband?  

Default Re: US WWI Armband?

I can only guess what it was used for but I would love to have it in my collection. Perhaps the First Sgt. would have worn it to help identify him to assemble the troops at a staging area?

Thanks

Burt

?

"V.A." Veterans association?
    Pete

I found this in the history of the 107th Field Artillery. In 1939, with war imminent in Europe, the Division left its traditional training grounds, which had been first at Mt. Gretna and Tobyhanna and later at Indiantown Gap, and headed for Manassas, Virginia to participate in large-scale Army maneuvers. Shortly after returning home, war began in Europe and in 1940 the Division took part in three weeks of field training near Ogdensburg, New York as part of a large force of Regular Army and National Guard troops. I wonder if this is a WWII item not WWI. This is the only reference I could fine on the 107th being in Virginia. Hopefully someone else is more familiar with these type of armbands that can help you more.

Burt