Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

USAAF felt patch and insignia question

Article about: Hello everyone hope your weekend is going well. I was wondering if this felt patch was any good as I'm looking to get a USAAF insignia patch to go with my 8th air force one. After looking ar

Default USAAF felt patch and insignia question

Hello everyone hope your weekend is going well. I was wondering if this felt patch was any good as I'm looking to get a USAAF insignia patch to go with my 8th air force one. After looking around online I think it seems fine but I'm just getting into patches and I know these are easily reproduced. Also I was wondering if anyone would be able to identify the two patches that my grand uncle is wearing on the front right side of the shirt in the picture after the felt patch. One looks to be a rhombus shape and the other is a triangle. Originally I thought the triangle might be a radio operator patch but it would be in the wrong orientation. Some more information if it helps in identifying the two patches is that he was apart of the 8th air force in the 447th bombardment group in the 708th squadron as a radio operator. The location of the photo I'm guessing would either be at the Harvard airfield in Nebraska or in RAF Rattlesden. Thank you for reading and for sharing any info.

*Update*

Phil pointed out the two "patches" on the shirt is just a 1911 in a shoulder holster. I think I may need glasses.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USAAF felt patch and insignia question   USAAF felt patch and insignia question  

USAAF felt patch and insignia question  

?

I think the AAF patch looks good.
    Are you talking about the 1911 .45 cal. pistol he is wearing in a shoulder holster????

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I think the AAF patch looks good.
    Are you talking about the 1911 .45 cal. pistol he is wearing in a shoulder holster????

Semper Fi
    Phil
    I just did another zoom in and looked up a WW2 shoulder holster on google, and now my question about the two "mysterious" patches is solved. Thank you for pointing that out and for the info on the patch.