Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

USAAF Insignia

Article about: Hi all, I picked up this small grouping at an auction yesterday, I am interested in collecting more of these insignia but could any one identify the small wings (single prop blade) 2nd row r

Default USAAF Insignia

Hi all, I picked up this small grouping at an auction yesterday, I am interested in collecting more of these insignia but could any one identify the small wings (single prop blade) 2nd row right ? I thought I had nailed it as a 'Technical Representative' insignia but have seen period photos of something similar being worn on the collars of USAAF uniforms, there are no markings on it so I hope it is'nt a 'sweetheart' type thing..............The others are..........

Top.....................................Marked 'Amico' 'Sterling' Aircrew Badge
    Middle L to R........................Marked 'Amico' 'Sterling' Naval Aviator Badge also marked +1/20 10K, unmarked Button, unidentified.
    Bottom L to R......................Marked Shold-R-Form 'Sterling' Captains Insignia, Unmared Major, 'Balfour' 'Sterling' Lt Col Insignia.

I think these USAAF/Navy/USMC aviator insignia are some of the most elegant designs, I know they are'nt uncommon or particularly valuable but I'm looking forward to having more in my collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USAAF Insignia   USAAF Insignia