Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

USAAF patch

Article about: Hi i have my great uncle's patches and im gunna sow them onto a ike jacket but i want to make sure everything goes in the right order. THE PATCH ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE PICTURE IS GOING ON T

Default USAAF patch

Hi i have my great uncle's patches and im gunna sow them onto a ike jacket but i want to make sure everything goes in the right order. THE PATCH ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE PICTURE IS GOING ON THE RIGHT SLEEVE AND THE PATCH ON THE RIGHT GOES ON THE LEFT SLEEVE. theres 4 pictures can anyone tell me which is right OR if anything needs to be changed and also the tab on the top is the 862nd engineers- Nick k

USAAF patchUSAAF patchUSAAF patchUSAAF patch

Default re: USAAF patch

Ok thanks for the help. Im trying to put this together in memory of my great uncle so a reply would be nice! - Nick K

Default Re: USAAF patch

Hi Nick, I would only use the 862nd Engineers patch. Put this on the wearers left sleeve of the jacket. (This is the right side as you look at the jacket) The wearing of two patches shows the unit you were with previously, worn on the right sleeve and the current unit worn on the left. As the other patch is just the generic USAAF patch I would not use it. Had it have been a unit specific patch, then it would have been OK to use.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: USAAF patch

Thanks alot! Ill start a new thread under uniforms when the jacket is done. - Nick K