Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

USAF/DOD Police Badge ID Please

Article about: Hi Everyone, I have no idea of the period or date of this badge!! Can anyone tell me what exactly it is and who would have carried it please? The badge is high quality and from the police at

Default USAF/DOD Police Badge ID Please

Hi Everyone, I have no idea of the period or date of this badge!! Can anyone tell me what exactly it is and who would have carried it please? The badge is high quality and from the police at MacDill AFB in Florida. My understanding is that teh Air police and the AF Security Police badges were of a standard pattern in either antique silver or rodium and included the bearer's official Police Number. Any comments or advice would be appriciated Ta!!
    With thanks and best wishes Michael R

PS is it of similar value to the USAF police badges??

USAF/DOD Police Badge ID PleaseUSAF/DOD Police Badge ID Please

?

This does not look like any government issue badges I have ever seen most have pin systems and a large amount of them were serial numbered I am not so sure that this is authentic

Hi Gel65, Thank you for your response and opinion. To be quite honest, although I collect US badges, I have not seen this badge or indeed anything similar so you may well be correct?? I assumed that the clip on the back was designed to clip onto a pocket or a belt etc and that was why there was no pin on the reverse???
    With thanks regards and best wishes Michael R

?

A VERY Belated reply - this badge was most probably produced for non-military service personnel (Security contractor gate guards etc.) The rear fitting is designed for the badge to fit into a leather Identification wallet or leather belt badge holder.

Best Regards

Tony

Hi Tony, Thank you for your message and comments on the badge. I like US metal badges and this badge is still in my collection. I had not thought about it being for contractor or civilian gate guard personnel but it is as good a logic as anything that I have come up with!

Thank you once again

With regards and best wishes Michael R

?

Hi Michael,

It does seem the most feasible suggestion. I know that it is US Culture to call security personnel 'police' in both the military and civilian fields.

Whilst I haven't seen this particular badge before, I have seen similar. Of course the more usual USAF military police badge is akin to the 1960s AIR POLICE badge attached in photos. The shape remains the same today, but the scroll has changed to SECURITY POLICE and may well become SECURITY FORCES, which is what they are now known known as. One way to track down an explanation is to search out historical photos of MacDill AFB online and see if any guards or personnel are wearing the type of badge you have. Do let me know if you discover anything further.

Best Regards

Tony

USAF/DOD Police Badge ID PleaseUSAF/DOD Police Badge ID Please

?

I can’t comment on the authenticity of the badge in the original post but the basic design with eagle on top is pretty common for small US police departments. About 10 years ago I custom ordered one in that design but with different writing from a US company as a retirement gift for a police officer friend. It would be easy for someone to custom order your badge.

Alex