Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

USMC Shooting awards

Article about: Hi guys I know my US Army awards but said to say I don't know my USMC awards . USMC items are a bit harder to find it seems the marine families hold onto marine items and don't want to give

?

Default USMC Shooting awards

Hi guys I know my US Army awards but said to say I don't know my USMC awards . USMC items are a bit harder to find it seems the marine families hold onto marine items and don't want to give them up . Can anyone tell me if these are WWII. Thanks for any help Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USMC Shooting awards   USMC Shooting awards  

USMC Shooting awards  

?

I know that the sharpshooter badge is an older one. They now have a EGA (Eagle, Globe & Anchor) in the center of the cross. The other are what we called toilet seats quals. Marksman( Circle target). What I really like is the Marksman bar for hand grenade. I really got to research that. Because what are the qual's for expert on that?????? I have always been told that "close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades"

I know they are from our past just have to research them. I know I'm a Marine and I feel like shit not knowing them.!!!!! So you know I'll check

They are awesome Gary!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Thanks Phil

?

Yes they are WW2 Gary!!!
    Sorry it took so long. I have had our Precision Approach Radar AFU for that last week and I have had to get it fixed before I could do any researching.
    I hate when work gets in the way of fun!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Thanks Phil

?

You are quite welcome Gary. It was my pleasure.
    I'm just curious because I can't tell from the pic's. But do they possibly have a sterling marking on the backs?
    Some where made of sterling that is why I ask.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Yes a couple of the bars and one badge

?

Awesome Devildog items right there!!!!! It's good to know they are in good hands.Take care of them.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

All WWII...

I don't think it's that more Marine families hold onto them, but that there have been much less Marines in history than Army soldiers...it has always been the smallest branch

The badges with the suspension bars are Basic Qualification Badges, or 'Q-Bars', a short lived badge from WWII through the early 60s much like how the Army does it. It wasn't the first time the Corps tried Army badges...the Corps briefly got rid of it's style badges and used Army badges in the 20s-30s, before scrapping them and reinstating the USMC designs