MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Various WWII medals - American, German and Japanese

Article about: These medals were found in my grandfather's basement, whose uncle apparently served as a POW prison camp guard in New Mexico. Where the American wings came from I have no idea. Was looking f

Default Various WWII medals - American, German and Japanese

Various WWII medals - American, German and Japanese

These medals were found in my grandfather's basement, whose uncle apparently served as a POW prison camp guard in New Mexico. Where the American wings came from I have no idea. Was looking for input as to identity and appraisal.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Various WWII medals - American, German and Japanese   Various WWII medals - American, German and Japanese  

Various WWII medals - American, German and Japanese   Various WWII medals - American, German and Japanese  

Various WWII medals - American, German and Japanese   Various WWII medals - American, German and Japanese  

Japonese navy helmet shield.
    The wing looks post-war korea
    the rest ww2 German.
    chris

?

The US Pilot wings with the STERLING stamp would be a good indication of WW2. I'm NO expert and would have to check to say YES.
    I'LL Be Back.

I'm Back and they are WW2 USAAF Pilot wings.

http://www.ww2wings.com/wings/usaaf/...fpilotlg.shtml

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks very much, thats extremely helpful

Hitler Youth Membership badge, A German Navy Officer's Bullion Breast Eagle in great condition...
    NSFK-Membership badge
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 11-22-2013 at 05:30 AM.

?

Cool finds, I really like the Japanese helmet anchor.
    Regards,
    John

I'm thinking that your best pieces are the Japanese Navy Helmet Anchor, the German Naval breast eagle insignia and the US Aviation wings. You should have no trouble finding buyers for all of them, but these 3 will go quickest. Not enough to go on vacation in Hawaii, but a nice weekend getaway near home, for sure.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

WOW surprise,surprise..... I just found the Pilot wings for sale on Ebay....
    Semper Fi
    Phil

That Navy Eagle is a beauty!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

AZphil, have yet to price my items, let alone consider selling them. Its hard to find it your heart the will to market artifacts like these. I mean times are tough and I need the money but I'm not about to haphazardly toss them into the wind. These are pieces of history, remnants of an ideology that cost so many lives, an idea my grandfather fought against on the front lines of Italy, the 88th infantry, so I don't take lightly the true worth of these items. I'd like to see them sold fairly to someone who would appreciate them, not sell them to a hate group, or hoard them in some closet. Just clarifying for you. And Wagriff, yeah! Its mint condition, having exchanged directly from the hands of a pow to my grandfather's uncle, who promptly kept them away in which was apparently proper conditions. In my mind its a museum quality piece.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast