Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Welch Regiment colours

Article about: Picked up today, a hand embroidered silk sampler of the regimental colours of the Welch Regiment. The pictures do not capture the beauty of this and the skill that went into its making, a re

?

Thanks Jerry, thats very interesting. I should have mentioned that my father served with the Welch Regiment before and during WW2 so he might well have bought it in Egypt.
    As DrPMC mentioned, it seems to consist of professionally produced insignia mounted appliqué fashion on a black silk background, although having just looked at it more carefully I no longer think it was produced at home since a few small parts of the design are sewn straight through the background fabric.

Quote by Dave G View Post
    Thanks Jerry, thats very interesting. I should have mentioned that my father served with the Welch Regiment before and during WW2 so he might well have bought it in Egypt.
    As DrPMC mentioned, it seems to consist of professionally produced insignia mounted appliqué fashion on a black silk background, although having just looked at it more carefully I no longer think it was produced at home since a few small parts of the design are sewn straight through the background fabric.
    My Dad served with the Welsh Division (rather than regiment) and also served in North Africa, though he had by then transferred to an Arty unit or two. He later served in Italy as well.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Anyone following this thread might like to know that I have just put up the item described in post #9 on Ebay. You can see it on this link ( or just search for Welch Regiment Colours )

Welch Welsh Regiment Colours, pre 1936 - exceptional condition | eBay

Sorry for not using the marketplace on this site but I'm much more familiar with Ebay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2