Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

WW2 British Plastic Cap badges

Article about: Border Regt

Default Re: WW2 British Plastic Cap badges

Saw this:

At RAF Scampton at the weekend, it's white plastic! They also had silver/grey plastic versions of the standard ATC cap badge and even the smaller ATC lapel badge, sorry I forgot to photograph those.

Quote by Unionjack View Post
    Saw this:

At RAF Scampton at the weekend, it's white plastic! They also had silver/grey plastic versions of the standard ATC cap badge and even the smaller ATC lapel badge, sorry I forgot to photograph those.
    A rare badge as only 6,202 were made. The ATC cap, 90,000 and collar 199,000 are more common. The production figures do not always equal how many survived, as the RMA badge I posted was produced in lower quantities than the RA gun badge, though the RA gun badge are more commonly seen.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Picked up another Royal Signals by Stanley, but a slightly different version to the one I already had. Sadly it is in poor condition and the crown is near to breaking off, but the price reflected its condition.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 British Plastic Cap badges  
    Regards,

Jerry

Another nice addition. Only one I picked up since last time is this Royal Engineers one from the classifieds here.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 British Plastic Cap badges   WW2 British Plastic Cap badges  

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Another nice addition. Only one I picked up since last time is this Royal Engineers one from the classifieds here.

Tom
    Interesting Tom, I have two for the RE, both by Stanley and both are different to yours, so they must have made new moulds on a regular basis and all are a bit different.
    Regards,

Jerry

I had noticed that too. Strange to have at least three ( that we know of) different moulds for the same badge. Why make regular moulds. plastic injection does not wear out moulds that easily, does it?

Tom

I used to make injection moulds and they did need replacing, but how often I can't remember, as I mostly made die punch tools and only rarely made injection moulds.
    Regards,

Jerry

G'day fellas
    A Stanley and Son's made "General Service Corps" hat badge.
    Mould 1A.

WW2 British Plastic Cap badgesWW2 British Plastic Cap badgesWW2 British Plastic Cap badges

This is the only "economy" British insignia piece I have in my collection.
    If I was issued one of these I would be somewhat disappointed I feel as they just don't have the character of a metal badge.
    They would have upset WO's and Senior Sgt's I bet as they can't be polished. "You orrible little man why isn't that badge polished."

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    G'day fellas
    A Stanley and Son's made "General Service Corps" hat badge.
    Mould 1A.

This is the only "economy" British insignia piece I have in my collection.
    If I was issued one of these I would be somewhat disappointed I feel as they just don't have the character of a metal badge.
    They would have upset WO's and Senior Sgt's I bet as they can't be polished. "You orrible little man why isn't that badge polished."
    Which is why some are not so commonly seen, especially some of them are very rare and the known surviving numbers of some can be counted on the fingers, though the GS you have shown is fairly commonly seen and a good example.
    Regards,

Jerry

Got this one for the SWB coming to me, the sellers pics until it arrives. It kills two birds with one stone so to speak, as it is a plastic I did not have and is another addition for my Welch regiments cap badges. The nice thing about the plastics is that you know they are 100% genuine and period as the fakes/copies are really bad so far.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 British Plastic Cap badges  
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast