Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

ww2 us flag signed at Slapton Sands!!!!!

Article about: Found this interesting flag on ebay its a 48 star flag,32'x22' now appartently its been signed by members of the 116th reg,29th Infantry Division,some of the names written were KIA while tak

Default ww2 us flag signed at Slapton Sands!!!!!

Found this interesting flag on ebay its a 48 star flag,32'x22' now appartently its been signed by members of the 116th reg,29th Infantry Division,some of the names written were KIA while taken part in the live firing training during operation Tiger.and also lost at Omaha,the price is £165,does anyone think its worth that and somehow trace the names that have been written,for me if its the real deal then it would be a poignant reminder to the US servicemen that gave so much for the free world...........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww2 us flag signed at Slapton Sands!!!!!  

Neat flag, you would have to get the flag in hand to see all the names clearly and do the research, I doubt someone faked the names on a US flag to boost the price but you never know, my gut feeling is that it is original but some of the penmenship and handwriting is identical, so maybe one soldier put all the names on it from his unit or something along those lines.