Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 US Navy W.A.V.E.S Girl Collection.

Article about: This is a collection of WW2 US Navy WAVES (Women Accepted for Voluntary Emergency war Service). These items belonged to Miss Charlotte Cousins Hislop and includes insignia flashes taken from

Default WW2 US Navy W.A.V.E.S Girl Collection.

This is a collection of WW2 US Navy WAVES (Women Accepted for Voluntary Emergency war Service). These items belonged to Miss Charlotte Cousins Hislop and includes insignia flashes taken from her various uniforms, id bracelet, blood donor card, war savings booklet, Navy WAVES manuals, Bible, award brooch and Western Union Telegram informing her that her grandpa has died!! Its a lovely set and thought id show it off. Regards, Tim.

?

Default Re: WW2 US Navy W.A.V.E.S Girl Collection.

Tim nice stuff. Its also nice you have some history to the grouping. This is my WAVES jacket it came with a USMC jacket husband wife grouping. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 US Navy W.A.V.E.S Girl Collection.  

I agree. I will get Lez to show her WAVES group.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Tim nice stuff. Its also nice you have some history to the grouping. This is my WAVES jacket it came with a USMC jacket husband wife grouping. Gary
    Ive had this little set for a few years now! Do you collect WAVES memorabilia by any chance? That uniform is superb. Regards, Tim.

I got Lez to post her WAVES group here:

USNR WAVES uniform group

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi Tim the WAVES uniform was a bonus item. I was at a sale and bought a USMC jacket the lady told me she also had her mothers jacket so I had to keep them together.
    Hi Ade I just looked at Lez's items . Gary

spikey5
    ?

Hi
    I am Charlotte Hislop's second cousin. I live in Britain and never met any of her family. I knew she had been in WAVES and so it was fascinating to find this photo today when I was doing some more research on that branch of the family for my family tree. Pat

Quote by spikey5 View Post
    Hi
    I am Charlotte Hislop's second cousin. I live in Britain and never met any of her family. I knew she had been in WAVES and so it was fascinating to find this photo today when I was doing some more research on that branch of the family for my family tree. Pat
    Thats great news Pat and how good is that for the Forum! I would really like to know more about about her and perhaps maybe see a photo of her too. The WAVES all looked so glamourous in their smart uniforms. I found these few items of Charlottes at a small militaria show at Foxland Farm a few years ago and i just liked them so its great to make contact with a relative. Best Regards, Tim.

Beautiful grouping. Well done