Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII Poland cloth title with unknown Formation sign and skull cross bones

Article about: Hi friends Any clues on this Polish badge combo? The unit and history. Sellers image and has been sewn to khaki cloth.....for effect cheers Phill

Default WWII Poland cloth title with unknown Formation sign and skull cross bones

Hi friends

Any clues on this Polish badge combo? The unit and history.

Sellers image and has been sewn to khaki cloth.....for effect

Attachment 1235542

cheers

Phill

The deathshead is German. So a fantasy combo for me.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Adrian

The seller has a "patch blanket" with numerous insignia grouped together from a previous owner so that would explain the odd mix. The seller has cut the insignia to form combo's without knowing the relevance.

cheers

Phill

Did you know that in WW1 while Poland was part of Germany, it was possible for something like this to exist? The Totenkopf was actually a someone international symbol used by many sides during WW1. IF it truly is a real cap, it would HAVE to be from WW1 and would have to have a connection to someone fighting for or against the Germans. It's possible, but not likely.

Thanks mate

However I believe these are put together on a blanket with random patches and others all mixed together.

Phill

CBH
    ?

The skull is a German Traditional hat emblem worn by the 17th Infantry Regiment .

?

Here are some pictures of Polish troops circa 1919 wearing Death's Head Insignia on their headgear. Note the Danziger Totenkopfs.

WWII Poland cloth title with unknown Formation sign and skull cross bonesWWII Poland cloth title with unknown Formation sign and skull cross bones

Looks Like this type of Danziger

CBH
    ?

Thats an interesting photo Al, never seen anything like that before.
    The hat pictured looks like postwar interpretation of the one in the photo.
    Thanks for sharing.

?

Chris, the photo's are from a Spanish website on the use of the Death's Head symbol by military units throughout time. Unfortunately I can't seem to post the link without getting an error. I don't know if the cap pictured is a replica since they don't provide enough information. The last picture is just a recreation form a foreign film on the subject matter. I'll try to translate the information as best as I can. I'm not sure what conflict they fought in.

"Poznański Ochotniczy Batalion Smierci" or the Battalion of Volunteers of the Dead of Ponzan. Established in April of 1919 at the insistence of General Joseph-Dowbor Muśnicki comprised of veterans and soldiers much of whom were disciplinary problems and expelled from other regiments. They fought with great valor in defense and love of their nation. The Battalion, 300 strong were sent to the front at Lithuania - BeloRus"

"Poznański Ochotniczy Batalion Smierci o batallón de voluntarios de la muerte de Poznan- una agrupación militar establecida en abril de 1919 en Poznan, a instancias del general Joseph-Dowbor Muśnicki integrado por soldados y veteranos, muchos de los cuales tenían ” problemas de disciplina ” expulsados de otros regimientos, sin embargo, estos soldados lucharían con gran valor demostrando el amor por su nación. El comandante era un veterano del levantamiento de enero Felix Józefowicz . El batallón tenía cerca de 300 hombres, tenía su propia bandera y el signo (calavera y tibias cruzadas). Presentado el 17 de abril de 1919, en Poznan y fue enviado al frente lituano-bielorrusa, donde combatió en la composición 6 Legiones del Regimiento de Infantería ."

The patch in Post #1 is Polish WW2 for Polish Forces in the West. It is for the : 1st Regiment of Motorized Artillery. (1 Pulk Artylerii Motorowej). This is a shoulder patch, and below the Breast Badge for the Regiment. The Poland patch would be correct with it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast