Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

WWII US Shoulder Sleeve Insignia Collection

Article about: Hello, folks! Due to a recent purchase for my girlfriend: I have decided to transition to a more affordable kind of WWII collecting. I've found that most WWII U.S. shoulder patches tend to s

Default WWII US Shoulder Sleeve Insignia Collection

Hello, folks!

Due to a recent purchase for my girlfriend:

I have decided to transition to a more affordable kind of WWII collecting. I've found that most WWII U.S. shoulder patches tend to sell for ~$5. In fact, many can be sniped on ebay for as little as $.99.

For the past few weeks, I've been slowly accumulating patches. Luckily, throughout my years of collecting, I've been able to pick up most of the patches, including the more famous divisions which tend to be more expensive.

Here are some photos of the patches I currently have/ are in the mail/ I'm waiting to close out deals on.
    WWII US Shoulder Sleeve Insignia CollectionWWII US Shoulder Sleeve Insignia CollectionWWII US Shoulder Sleeve Insignia CollectionWWII US Shoulder Sleeve Insignia CollectionWWII US Shoulder Sleeve Insignia CollectionWWII US Shoulder Sleeve Insignia CollectionWWII US Shoulder Sleeve Insignia CollectionWWII US Shoulder Sleeve Insignia CollectionWWII US Shoulder Sleeve Insignia CollectionWWII US Shoulder Sleeve Insignia CollectionWWII US Shoulder Sleeve Insignia CollectionWWII US Shoulder Sleeve Insignia CollectionWWII US Shoulder Sleeve Insignia CollectionWWII US Shoulder Sleeve Insignia Collection

I am still missing these patches:
    12th Infantry Division and 91st Infantry Division. I'd also like to get the tabs for the 11th, 13th, and 17th Airborne Divisions.

?

Looking good joe

Thanks, Gary.

The balance of the patches should arrive early next week. Still searching for a 12th and 91st.

I just started the same project. The recent SS purchases have not been easy on my wallet and I need to balance the German stuff with more allied. You're right, I often see them for just a 2-3 dollars at the shows. Together they make a nice grouping. I'm trying to obtain all the US Divisional patches for participants in the European theater. I created a contact sheet of such to print out and check as I go. You got a great start! And nice ring for the GF

?

Nice collections guys.
    Personal preference, the 17th AB ones, (but then again, that's mainly because they served with, and alongside my late grandfathers unit and "bounced the Rhine" with them!

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Thanks for the kind words, seventyeighth and jimpy!

I find U.S. SSI to be unique pieces of art in their own right. It has been fun to pick them up and learn a little bit about each of them as I go.

I also have a modest USMC SSI collection:

Just a quick update... I am only missing the 12th, 17th, 92nd, 93rd, and 104th... I'm also still looking for airborne tabs (1 blue, 2 black), and possibly a mountain tab.

This rare gem should arrive in a few days!
    WWII US Shoulder Sleeve Insignia CollectionWWII US Shoulder Sleeve Insignia Collection