Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

XXX Corps Souvenir Of Belgium Handkerchief

Article about: Hi all. I found this handkerchief today. I have seen similar before. It is a cheaply made souvenir with the lettering and flags painted on by the looks of it. Likely made in a hurry to sell

Default XXX Corps Souvenir Of Belgium Handkerchief

Hi all. I found this handkerchief today. I have seen similar before. It is a cheaply made souvenir with the lettering and flags painted on by the looks of it. Likely made in a hurry to sell to liberating allied soldiers. I am after opinions on the boar on the opposite corner. It is inked on and to me it appears to be almost identical to British XXX Corps insignia. Whether this was done by a soldier or by a Belgian civilian I don't know, but I can't see another reason for a boar silhouette to be there. Any opinions would be welcome. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture XXX Corps Souvenir Of Belgium Handkerchief   XXX Corps Souvenir Of Belgium Handkerchief  

XXX Corps Souvenir Of Belgium Handkerchief  

30 corps for sure, no doubt targeted at them as they liberated this area and served there straight after WWII.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

We do have or had a Belgian regiment using the boar as well, but they usualy only use the head.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chasseurs_Ardennais
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Thanks for the comments guys. I've only just noticed that this had replies so sorry about the delay in getting back.