Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seal underwater scooter ; could be French T 14 ???

Article about: At the end of 60's and early 70's Seal troops of Yugoslav navy performed exercises in army camp Divulje on underwater scooter, the French production reportedly Model T 14th. This is a model

Default Seal underwater scooter ; could be French T 14 ???

At the end of 60's and early 70's Seal troops of Yugoslav navy performed exercises in army camp Divulje on underwater scooter, the French production reportedly Model T 14th.
    This is a model made of high-quality metal, to the smallest detail, in my opinion very credible.

I'm looking for an opinion because I have never encountered a similar model, and the data on the French production are unavailable (at least to me).

Thx
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Seal underwater scooter ; could be French T 14 ???   Seal underwater scooter ; could be French T 14 ???  

Seal underwater scooter ; could be French T 14 ???   Seal underwater scooter ; could be French T 14 ???  

Seal underwater scooter ; could be French T 14 ???   Seal underwater scooter ; could be French T 14 ???  

CBH
    ?

Looks almost like a Salesman Sample , but more likely a training aid used for instruction . Nice piece .

"...training aid used for instruction."

CBH , excellent observation !

This appears to be a Manned-Torpedo, but it's crudely designed steering-mechanism attached to the pilot's flippers is a feature I've never seen before...Even the WWII Italian Manned Torpedoes were better designed than this particular example...So far I haven't been able to find one quite like the one posted...I love a good mystery and will keep looking, lol...
    Thanks for showing,
    Glenn

Check this interesting link out:

H I Sutton - Covert Shores

I'm betting it's a model of the Yugoslav R1 scooter that's shown towards the bottom of the page, it's almost certainly a derivative of the Rebikoff design that spawned many different versions.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

A very exquisite model of an interesting vehicle. Never seen anything like this before. Bob

everything I could find on the subject, clips from the military magazine of the former JNA.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Seal underwater scooter ; could be French T 14 ???   Seal underwater scooter ; could be French T 14 ???  

Seal underwater scooter ; could be French T 14 ???  

These are the two official logos military post Divulje (army training camp).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Seal underwater scooter ; could be French T 14 ???  

Quote by big ned View Post
    Check this interesting link out:

I'm betting it's a model of the Yugoslav R1 scooter that's shown towards the bottom of the page, it's almost certainly a derivative of the Rebikoff design that spawned many different versions.

Regards, Ned.
    Thanks to Ned , I found very interesting information about the life and work Dimitri Rebikoff.
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimitri_Rebikoff

It took a long time but it turned out to be a model of T 14 Pegasus underwater scooter by Dimitri Rebikoff produced for the purposes of Yugoslav military navy camp Divulje for training of naval commandos or socalled Seal's ; model was produced during year 1969 in shipping Institute of Tivat (ex Yugoslavia).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast