Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

29th artillery insignia?

Article about: Hello all, I recently picked up an item that has me a little stumped. It looks to be an Italian artillery unit insignia, but I havent been able to narrow it down any farther than that. Anoth

?

Default 29th artillery insignia?

Hello all,

I recently picked up an item that has me a little stumped. It looks to be an Italian artillery unit insignia, but I havent been able to narrow it down any farther than that. Another collector pointed out that the colors are the same as the swiss guard, not sure if that is significant or not. I appreciate any information or opinions as to what this little pin is

Thanks for the help

-Ryan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 29th artillery insignia?   29th artillery insignia?  

29th artillery insignia?  

?

Default Re: 29th artillery insignia?

Hi Ryan , crown and eagle emblems are of the House of Savoy ( the Italian Royal family ) and this could be representing the 29th Artillery Regiment , which with the 41st & 42nd "Modena" Infantry Regiments & the 505th MMG Battalian formed the 5th Infantry Division "Cossaria" . This division was involved in the 2nd Italo - Ethiopian war 1935-36 . In 1940 this division merged and formed the 37th "Modena" Mountain Infantry Division. The Modena flag is yellow and blue and maybe why those colours are on the pin also , a nice item .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Default Re: 29th artillery insignia?

Also looks like Vets Association pin. I have some Imperial and WWII German pins for their Vets assn which look a bit like yours. Nice item though.