MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Alpini Cap??

Article about: Hello Folks - Alpini Cap...? At least I believe that is what it is. Picked it up at an auction last week and wondered if anyone might have some additional information. Few moth nips on the t

Default Alpini Cap??

Hello Folks -

Alpini Cap...? At least I believe that is what it is. Picked it up at an auction last week and wondered if anyone might have some additional information. Few moth nips on the top and side, but not too bad. Sorry for the poor quality photos.

Best regards!
    - Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Alpini Cap??   Alpini Cap??  

Default Re: Alpini Cap??

I think it is italian.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

It is. 5th. Alpine Inf.. Looks W.W.2. Capo Manipolo rank. Rich A. in Pa.

joelabrendola
    ?

hallo guys. the rank is lietunant (capo manipolo was a rank used from the cc.nn. of mvsn, not grom the regular Army)

?

Sorry.My error. I was thinking Black Shirt rank not R.E. rank. To many Carlsburgs. Rich A. in Pa.

Thanks very much gents! This is an area I am not very knowledgeable in...., as you could tell.

Mainly collect WW1 items and would love to have a WW1 example, but this will have to do for now. It seems the WW1 and 2 caps are quite close?

Best regards!
    - Mike

Forgot to add/ask..., would it be appropriate to add (forgive my ignorance of the nomenclature) the 'holder' and feather to the band? And if so, any ideas as to where one might find the holder? We have plenty of great feathers, living in the 'outback.'

Thanks!
    0 Mike