Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Camo Helmet Italian M.33? Decal?

Article about: I was able to pick up this helmet in trade for a Bundeswehr mess kit. To me, it appears to be a proper WWII vintage Italian M.33 due to the smaller vents, gray/green leather chin strap, and

Default Camo Helmet Italian M.33? Decal?

I was able to pick up this helmet in trade for a Bundeswehr mess kit. To me, it appears to be a proper WWII vintage Italian M.33 due to the smaller vents, gray/green leather chin strap, and square chinstrap bales. It's stamping reads: P10, which matches the wartime stampings I've seen on this website: ITALIANO 1933

Ontop of that all, it's a larger size and fits my HUGE head!

TWO QUESTIONS:
    1. Is this a legit camouflage helmet? The top layer of paint certainly looks old, and it is crazing everywhere.

2. Is there a decal on the front of this helmet? I know better pics are required! But to me, it looks like someone went digging for a decal before I owned this helmet. I do THINK I see feathers from a WW2 Fascist Italian Army decal...

So, fellows... What do you think!?

Camo Helmet Italian M.33? Decal?Camo Helmet Italian M.33? Decal?Camo Helmet Italian M.33? Decal?Camo Helmet Italian M.33? Decal?Camo Helmet Italian M.33? Decal?

Default Re: Camo Helmet Italian M.33? Decal?

Here are close up, macro shots of the "decal" area. I'll take better pictures in natural sunlight tomorrow (it's nearly 8pm here)...Camo Helmet Italian M.33? Decal?Camo Helmet Italian M.33? Decal?Camo Helmet Italian M.33? Decal?Camo Helmet Italian M.33? Decal?Camo Helmet Italian M.33? Decal?

Any opinions?

?

Looks like someone painted over the original color, long ago, so it may be camo, at least in my (amateur) opinion. I have no idea on the decal.

Maybe a expert can chime in and give their opinion?

Nitram

?

Let's get some experts to chime in here please

Thanks for the comments, guys!

I'm thinking if there is a decal, it could be similar to one the one seen on the helmet found in this thread: my italian m33 helmets

?

Looking at the pictures of James' helmet, I'd agree that if there was a decal, that would be it. Though in your case it seems to be positioned lower than James'.

Just my observations.

Nitram

This is what I traded to get the helmet:

"Ahh... Salami!"

?

Hi Giz , if you look at the helmet shown by Meyle77 yours has the same texture of paint and undercoat so could be a Spanish re issue , the helmet looks great
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Quote by Alan M View Post
    Hi Giz , if you look at the helmet shown by Meyle77 yours has the same texture of paint and undercoat so could be a Spanish re issue , the helmet looks great
    Indeed it does! Perhaps the four marks on the front of my helmet are NOT where someone went digging for a decal, but are instead where a metal eagle insignia were once attached?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast