Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fascist Propaganda Postcard

Article about: Good Morning, Friends... I'm in the process of putting together a small but representative Italian Militaria Display - I came across this Cool Propaganda Postcard a few days ago and simply h

Default Fascist Propaganda Postcard

Good Morning, Friends...
    I'm in the process of putting together a small but representative Italian Militaria Display - I came across this Cool Propaganda Postcard a few days ago and simply had to have it, lol...
    I've always been a Big Fan of Propaganda/Poster Art (both Allied & Axis), and consider Postcards such as this to be an Affordable, Attractive Enhancement to any Militaria Display...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fascist Propaganda Postcard   Fascist Propaganda Postcard  

MAP
    ?

Agree Glenn. These are quite neat. I love the design (quasi art deco??)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Agree Glenn. These are quite neat. I love the design (quasi art deco??)
    Yes, I've noticed that about Italian Items, including some of their Insignia - Art-Deco for sure! - Funny that you mention that, because I was just pondering the same thing a few days ago, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

MAP
    ?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Yes, I've noticed that about Italian Items, including some of their Insignia - Art-Deco for sure! - Funny that you mention that, because I was just pondering the same thing a few days ago, lol...
    cheers, Glenn
    don't know why but I love Art Deco. Always have since I was a kid. Maybe it was from watching all those movies from Hollywood's Golden era. Also doesn't hurt that I work next to Rockefeller Center...LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice PC Glenn! One of my favorite areas of collecting also. I have a nice fascists pc i bought roughly a year ago. Not so much art deco but a great period piece of propaganda. I may post it within your thread if you don't mind? When I get home later that is? Best regards.

Brian

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Nice PC Glenn! One of my favorite areas of collecting also. I have a nice fascists pc i bought roughly a year ago. Not so much art deco but a great period piece of propaganda. I may post it within your thread if you don't mind? When I get home later that is? Best regards.

Brian
    Certainly - Please Share!! Looking forward to seeing your Example!! The More the Merrier, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

Fascist Propaganda PostcardFascist Propaganda PostcardFascist Propaganda Postcard

As promised my contribution. I also included a photo postcard of a younger Il Duce, pictured with a photo book of Rome my grandfather sent home from the war. Kindest regards. Neat thread, hope to see more!

Brian

Morning to all,
    very nice items and definitely a very interesting and varied theme that would be interesting to study in deep.
    In Italy the art of patriotic and military propaganda was profoundly and skillfully developed in the Fascist era.
    Always to stay on the theme, if I can give a small contribution, some time ago I tried to deepen the art of propaganda related to young people at school with this thread, I hope interesting:
    Military Education of Primary School

Regards
    Roberto

Roberto those are great pieces! Are the booklets small in size? Those school reports..now that's art deco. Interesting the indoctrination process both the fascist regime and the nsdap persued in the development/subliminal-blatant nationalizing of youth. That aspect of both parties/axis allies really fascinates me. Everything from tobacco/food product cards to the glorification of RK award recipients. I think all nation's employed similar tactics but not to the extent that Italy and Germany did. Thanks for sharing! Best regards.

Brian

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Roberto those are great pieces! Are the booklets small in size? Those school reports..now that's art deco. Interesting the indoctrination process both the fascist regime and the nsdap persued in the development/subliminal-blatant nationalizing of youth. That aspect of both parties/axis allies really fascinates me. Everything from tobacco/food product cards to the glorification of RK award recipients. I think all nation's employed similar tactics but not to the extent that Italy and Germany did. Thanks for sharing! Best regards.

Brian
    Thanks Brian,
    I agree that this type of propaganda in the Fascist period reached really high levels.

the size are these:
    -booklets: 15x25 cm
    -school reports: 17x25 cm or 18x27 cm

Regards
    Roberto

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast