Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

fideliter dagger

Article about: sorry i orginally posted on wrong forum i purchased this a number of year ago and was wondering if any collectors knew who wore it, i always belived it to mussolinis body guard but am unsure

Default fideliter dagger

sorry i orginally posted on wrong forum
    i purchased this a number of year ago and was wondering if any collectors knew who wore it, i always belived it to mussolinis body guard but am unsure..any help would be great
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture fideliter dagger   fideliter dagger  

fideliter dagger   fideliter dagger  

Table paperknife ??

Hello,

I have not yet seen a dagger like this and if original, I do not know who wore it. May I ask how you came to the conclusion this style of dagger was used by Mussolini’s guard? I can say with relative confidence that Mussolini’s Rome guard, the 'Musketeers of the Duce' (Moschettieri del Duce); are known to have used this style poignard below as shown in period photographs.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture fideliter dagger   fideliter dagger  

fideliter dagger   fideliter dagger  

Seen this type of knife already, but cant find any record about it!
    I only found this picture from an auction house, wich show the same knife, just to compare it, but it wont identify it anyway!

fideliter dagger

This is a so called "Podestà" (city mayor during fascist era) knife. It was issued/presented to fascist party officers, some say to celebrate 10th anniversary of the Regime. Seems original to me, and it is also quite uncommon.

Quote by christek View Post
    Hello,

I have not yet seen a dagger like this and if original, I do not know who wore it. May I ask how you came to the conclusion this style of dagger was used by Mussolini’s guard? I can say with relative confidence that Mussolini’s Rome guard, the 'Musketeers of the Duce' (Moschettieri del Duce); are known to have used this style poignard below as shown in period photographs.
    Right. The one you referred is the 1st, early type, this one the second, late version.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture fideliter dagger