Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Grey Italian Helmet

Article about: I've obtained this grey size 56 M33 Itaian helmet. When I got it there was another, identical one, in a royal blue with a Croatian Marking on it and tottaly different liner without the cente

Default Grey Italian Helmet

I've obtained this grey size 56 M33 Itaian helmet. When I got it there was another, identical one, in a royal blue with a Croatian Marking on it and tottaly different liner without the center marking that this one has.
    I have pictures but haven't quite figured out how to post them yet.Grey Italian HelmetGrey Italian HelmetGrey Italian HelmetGrey Italian HelmetGrey Italian HelmetGrey Italian HelmetGrey Italian Helmet
    Last edited by Chilidude; 06-04-2018 at 12:06 AM. Reason: pictures

Hello!

You'll find all the information you need for posting photos here:

Visual Guide to Upload Photos

Regards, B.B.

?

Visual Guide to Upload Photos

Looks like BB beat me to it.

I would love to see the pic's.

Semper Fi
    Phil

This is a special M33 helmet for export, produced by Cassoni Company of Busto Arsizio for the Serbian Police, I think in 80/90s.
    The shell should be in metal while the liner is made of plastic material, unlike the original version of Italian Army, which was equipped with a liner made of leather with a metal structure.
    It is similar to the model called "Ubbot" produced in the 70s for the Italian Police, which however was entirely made of plastic material, even the shell.

Yugoslavia War

Regards
    Roberto

Here is my Italian M33 used by the former Yugoslavian milita /Police units with the communist star applied and shows a distinctive blue paintwork Grey Italian Helmet

Nice and interesting this variant, seeing an M33 helmet with the red star is definitely not a common thing, thanks for sharing it.

Regards
    Last edited by OldSteel; 06-04-2018 at 08:43 PM. Reason: correct word

Thanks Roberto i suppose we are safe to assume this particular example bearing the red star would be pre 1991 or there abouts

Your consideration is appropriate, it would also be interesting to know until the M59 showed the red star, I think they have respected the same timing.

MAP
    ?

Amazing how long of a run these helmets had....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)