Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help needed identifying origin of m15 Adrian Helmet

Article about: I brought an Adrian helmet of a man through eBay a long time ago for 40\\$. It had been painted green by the owner. The helmet is strange as it seems to have a comb which had support for rivet

Default Help needed identifying origin of m15 Adrian Helmet

I brought an Adrian helmet of a man through eBay a long time ago for 40$. It had been painted green by the owner. The helmet is strange as it seems to have a comb which had support for rivets but had been welded on. The comb is not straight compared to the helmet. I'm not sure where it's from. It could be french, Italian, or even spanish used. All help is appreciated. If more pictures are needed I will provide them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed identifying origin of m15 Adrian Helmet   Help needed identifying origin of m15 Adrian Helmet  

Help needed identifying origin of m15 Adrian Helmet   Help needed identifying origin of m15 Adrian Helmet  

Help needed identifying origin of m15 Adrian Helmet   Help needed identifying origin of m15 Adrian Helmet  

Help needed identifying origin of m15 Adrian Helmet  

Did a search and came across this...

Looks to be a WWI (circa 1915) French made M15 Adrian helmet produced for the Italian armed forces. The M15 was made out of four pieces vs the later M16 which was a 2 piece construction.

As to the authenticity, I cannot comment, but maybe this helps you narrow down your search.

Cheers

Eric

Its probably a French made m15 Adrian for the Italians. If I'm not mistaken the Italians were the only country that didn't put a badge on their helmets which explains the m15 construction (the lip around the dome part) but the lack of mounting holes. The visor is weird as its not correct for an M15. Maybe it was refurbished at one point? I have no idea of Italy ever refurbished their old m15's so this could be a modern creation.

Italian Army at the beginning of WW1 were supplied with some standard bleu-horizon french adrian with infantry badges,then they were supplied with standard m15 unpainted and without badges, to be painted with italian grey-green colour but still with holes for badges in front.
    Later, before the italian Army produced their own m16 Adrian style helmet, they were supplied with m15 unpainted and without holes expressly made for the italian army, those stamped withouth holes are quite uncommon.

Check on the front and inside if you seen holes sign, or if the holes for badge were closed.
    Btw by the colours i would say its a spanish war reissued helmet, that sort of green its even seen on italian m33 helmets!

A very underrated helmet but with plenty of history on it.

I do not see the remains of badge holes in the front. BTW thanks for the information.