Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Italian Bustina Help

Article about: Good Morning, I would really appreciate some assistance with identifying this Bustina that I purchased in a small town in the Italian Dolomites. Thank you in anticipation. Kind regards, Anth

ADH
    ?

Default Italian Bustina Help

Good Morning,
    I would really appreciate some assistance with identifying this Bustina that I purchased in a small town in the Italian Dolomites. Thank you in anticipation.
    Kind regards,
    AnthonyItalian Bustina HelpItalian Bustina Help

MAP
    ?

Anthony,

I've moved your post to it's own thread.

Better photos would help. (Front, back, sides, top as well as close up of the insignia.) Are they any markings in the interior?

From what little I can see of the insignia it may be Captain for Artillery. But can't make out the number. Insignia looks well aged with the typical tarnished patina....but that is just a guess based on what little I can see.

Here is mine for comparison (Lt in the Mountain Artillery)

Italian M34 Alpini Bustina - Lieutenant
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Anthony,
    actually some photos of the interior could be useful,
    however if it can help I add this old post of mine, where you can find some details.

Regio Esercito field cap Mod. 1934

Regards

ADH
    ?

Good morning,
    Thank you for the information and other examples. I have a few further photographs to perhaps help with identification. Unfortunately the liner has sweat stains but no manufacture labels. Really would be grateful for an opinion as to the unit and if this looks like a genuine WWII item. Thank you again.
    Kind regards,
    AnthonyItalian Bustina HelpItalian Bustina HelpItalian Bustina HelpItalian Bustina HelpItalian Bustina HelpItalian Bustina HelpItalian Bustina Help

MAP
    ?

OldSteel (or others can correct me - Italian Militaria is not something I know much of) but the insignia looks like I noted earlier as Divisional Artillery. It is for the 40th CAPRERA Artillery regiment (of the 31st Infantry Div). From what I have read, Artillery regiments were typically named after their Divisions. But there were some exceptions. This being one of them. Caprera is an Island and the 31st Infantry Division was called CALABRIA, a region of southern Italy.

But this may be incorrect if I'm interpreting the insignia wrong.

The photos are not too clear so will leave it to others with a better eye to determine if they insignia is good. When they were added? I can not tell but the white thread looks awfully new. Nice close ups like the examples in my link above would help.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    OldSteel (or others can correct me - Italian Militaria is not something I know much of) but the insignia looks like I noted earlier as Divisional Artillery. It is for the 40th CAPRERA Artillery regiment (of the 31st Infantry Div). From what I have read, Artillery regiments were typically named after their Divisions. But there were some exceptions. This being one of them. Caprera is an Island and the 31st Infantry Division was called CALABRIA, a region of southern Italy.

But this may be incorrect if I'm interpreting the insignia wrong.

The photos are not too clear so will leave it to others with a better eye to determine if they insignia is good. When they were added? I can not tell but the white thread looks awfully new. Nice close ups like the examples in my link above would help.
    Michael, what you wrote is all correct; this unit remained for the entire duration of the war in Sardinia, with a coastal defense function.
    The hat looks good to me, and probably also the badge, despite being a little battered; obviously the white thread has nothing to do with it: the badge may have been added later.

Regards
    Roberto

ADH
    ?

Thank you so much for your informative reply. Much appreciated. Kind regards, Anthony