Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Italian, but not sure what exactly it is.

Article about: I know that the medal is Italian. The phrase "Sede Provincial Livorno" translates to "provincial headquarters livorno". Livorno being a city on the western edge of Italy.

Default Italian, but not sure what exactly it is.

I know that the medal is Italian. The phrase "Sede Provincial Livorno" translates to "provincial headquarters livorno". Livorno being a city on the western edge of Italy. This medal was with other WW2 axis items, and this is one of three things I can't find any information on. Is it ally? Is it axis? What time frame was this worn? Was it worn around the neck or were the 2 holes for sewing? Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Italian, but not sure what exactly it is.

?

Default Re: Italian, but not sure what exactly it is.

RACI could mean Reale Automobile Club Italia,they hold road races in Livorno,and have since about 1927,but I have been wrong before.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Well... the two axes in bundles of rods is an Italian facist symbol, so I'm assuming this badge was used prior to the downfall of Mussolini.

Livorno is a port city... so I'm assuming that's why there's a ship on this badge.

I'm interested to hear what other members have to say on this.

Quote by zwerge View Post
    RACI could mean Reale Automobile Club Italia,they hold road races in Livorno,and have since about 1927,but I have been wrong before.
    That would explain the cog behind the ship. That cog design features in the RACI logo...

?

I have a similar one, which is probably the general emblem of the organization, while your is from a regional branch. Very nice one!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian, but not sure what exactly it is.  

Wow! Not what I was expecting. I'll assume that it was affixed to a car?

?

Yes, this is a badge to be riveted on the front of the car. Here is the site of the organization /in Italian/. Scroll down to year 1927 and you will see my emblem there. Then in 1934 the design was changed a bit. As said, this is the general emblem of the whole organization. And yours is probably an emblem of a regional club from the organization.

Automobile Club d'Italia: Il marchio ACI negli anni

Well thanks to all the help. I was a able to find some information from Bonham's auction company. Here are a couple designs that are almost an identical match.

Bonhams - Sale Items