Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Italian fascist grafitti on family home

Article about: by sitges1990 Very nice, I'd say "The Sweet One" must have had supporters in the area to say the least. Hey G, my wife is from Spain, the streets look the same. It's amazing how ma

Default Italian fascist grafitti on family home

Hello all!

I have been checking out this forum for the past few weeks, but this is my first post. I just thought I'd share...

For as long as I can remember, I've been visiting family in southern Italy. I never noticed until recently, but on the side of the building where my great-aunts live, facing the main piazza in the old part of their town, there is this image of il Duce.

I'm assuming it was made using a stencil. Has anyone seen this same design used before? Thoughts and additional comments would be greatly appreciated!

?

Default Re: Italian fascist grafitti on family home

I like it! Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Incredible that it has survived.

All the best
    Stig Erik

Amazing Try removing it from the wall and sell it to me.

?

That is neat.

Thanks all! I'm surprised it has survived this long. You'd think someone would deface it or paint over it. By the way, the village is Petilia Policastro near Crotone in Calabria. It's located in the the "ball of the foot" of the Italian boot.

I'd love to find some information on how the war impacted our little village. I have always heard that a column of Germans were ambushed in the mountains above the village and buried in a mass grave. I went searching for it once but was not able to find anything.

I looked it up on googlemaps street view. It's on via risorgimento in Petilia Policastro.

Here's a screencap I took:

Fascinating!

I recall seeing similar images in some old black and white period images. An amazing find.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Very nice, I'd say "The Sweet One" must have had supporters in the area to say the least. Hey G, my wife is from Spain, the streets look the same. It's amazing how many people have air conditioning now compared to 1989 when I first travelled there.

Jay

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast