Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Italian Medaglia Al Valore Militare

Article about: WWII (?) Italian Medaglia Al Valore Militare (Military Medal of Valor) Gold /highest class. Probably unissued (?) as there is no inscription on the back. Appears to be in extremely fine cond

MAP
    ?

Default Italian Medaglia Al Valore Militare

WWII (?) Italian Medaglia Al Valore Militare (Military Medal of Valor) Gold /highest class.

Probably unissued (?) as there is no inscription on the back.

Appears to be in extremely fine condition of fine manufacture. Looks die struck with crisp details. 35mm

Does anyone know anything about these? From what I have read, this version was made and issued from the 1930's up to 1945 and was awarded to members of the Royal Italian Army. (There was a Facscist version from 43 to 45 for the Axis supported Italian Army).

Is this correct?

If so does it look legit? Or repro? I'm finding very little to compare it to.

I picked it up for < $30 if I remember correctly so took a small gamble. I've see one site selling the exact one for $250.

Any and all comments are welcome

Thanks and Regards,

Michael

Italian Medaglia Al Valore MilitareItalian Medaglia Al Valore MilitareItalian Medaglia Al Valore MilitareItalian Medaglia Al Valore MilitareItalian Medaglia Al Valore Militare
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Any thoughts on this? Given the lack of information that I have found, are these rare (not asking if it is expensive).

Thanks!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Well its the gold metal (there are gold, silver and bronze variants) and it is the Kingdom of Italy medal of valor I have never personally seen these so I can't tell you if it is fake or not, but you should take a picture of the pin that usually is a dead giveaway if it is fake or not.

I agree to the very little to compare it to bit, there are no good pictures of these on the internet.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Heavington View Post
    Well its the gold metal (there are gold, silver and bronze variants) and it is the Kingdom of Italy medal of valor I have never personally seen these so I can't tell you if it is fake or not, but you should take a picture of the pin that usually is a dead giveaway if it is fake or not.

I agree to the very little to compare it to bit, there are no good pictures of these on the internet.
    Thanks!

My experience exactly. Unfortunately there is no pin. Just a piece of metal that goes through the front and back part of the 2 piece ribbon and then "wraps" part of the way around the back side like "wings". It is in very "bright" condition, although under a 40x loop there is some age/oxidation.

When I'm back home I can take another picture of this and post.

Michael

?

Looks ok to me. I have a bronze and a minature silver.Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

These are not all that rare but very collectable, is it possible to get a photo of the ribbon holder ?
    Morris

MAP
    ?

Quote by rra227 View Post
    Looks ok to me. I have a bronze and a minature silver.Rich A. in Pa.
    Quote by KMMorris View Post
    These are not all that rare but very collectable, is it possible to get a photo of the ribbon holder ?
    Morris
    Thanks Rich/Morris,

Morris, just getting off a plane. Will post a pic of the hanger when I get home.

Rich - would love to see yours. From the few I've seen they all have a much shorter ribbon. Almost like they've been cut to pin on a uniform.

Regards

Michael

MAP
    ?

Italian Medaglia Al Valore MilitareItalian Medaglia Al Valore MilitareItalian Medaglia Al Valore Militare
    Quote by KMMorris View Post
    Morris
    Morris,

Here it is. As I noted in another post, the holder looks bright but does show some age under a loop on the edges. Also, while it not very apparent in picture #3, the inside of the ribbon is significantly less faded.

Let me know your thoughts. Here's hoping that it is real!

Regards,

Michael

?

I'll do pics then. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

MAP
    ?

Quote by rra227 View Post
    I'll do pics then. Rich A. in Pa.
    Thanks Rich. Appreciate the help! Would be nice to see other examples given that there is so little public information on these.

Regards,

Michael

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast