Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Italo-German Friendship/ Parade Flag and Italian Post Car

Article about: I picked up these items at an antique store in Albany, NY for a very reasonable price. Considering my Italian heritage, I'm pretty psyched about them. Interestingly enough, the post card has

Default Re: Italo-German Friendship/ Parade Flag and Italian Post Car

A very good point Joe .

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Default Re: Italo-German Friendship/ Parade Flag and Italian Post Car

From another forum:

The number of military post 88 was assigned to the XXXV Corps of the Italian Expeditionary Corps in Russia (then 8 th Army). In particular, it comes from the second anti-tank battalion, equipped with guns 47/32. Its 2nd company was engaged in defensive fighting on the Don in August 1942, aggregate to the 54th Infantry Regiment, with four platoons respectively under the command of 2nd Lieutenant Incarnati (in Kutovskij); 2nd Lieutenant Masera (with German units); 2nd lieutenants Renda and Bronzini (behind Simovskiy). On November, 23 ​​the tactical group of General Vaccaro (II/54, under the command of Major Salottolo + 1st & 3rd company of the second anti-tank battalion + 1st Group of the 121st Artillery regiment, under the command of lieutenant-colonel La Guardia, equipped with guns 75/32 ) repulsed with some success the attacks of the Russian tanks against the trenches of the Italian and Romanian Armies. Unfortunately, I have no other news, but I think it was destroyed in the final withdrawal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12