Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A little G.I.L. sports memory....

Article about: Morning everyone, I wanted to share with you , a very rare object to be found in the perfect conditions of this example; this gadget souvenir was distributed to participants in this event: &

Default A little G.I.L. sports memory....

Morning everyone,
    I wanted to share with you , a very rare object to be found in the perfect conditions of this example; this gadget souvenir was distributed to participants in this event:
    "Campionati Sportivi della Gioventù Europea" (European Youth Sports Championships), organized by Fascist Autorities, in Milan, from Sep-28-1942 to Oct-1-1942 (-XX-Fascist "Era"); the sport teams of youth political organizations by the Axis Countries and other occupied Nations participated to this sport meeting.
    It is a keyring made of plexiglass on which it has been applied the bronze miniature of an Ancient Greece disc launcher, a very fine realization, made by the "Creazioni Artistiche Picozzi-Milano" (see mark in the back of the bronze miniature).
    It is still miraculously complete with the sintetic leather strap, on which is the clasp with “GIL” logo in golden metal, and its hook closure.
    It is interesting to note the use of plexiglass, an innovative material for the era used also to realize aircraft canopies ; was a clear will to transmit modernity, one of the very used concepts in the fascist propaganda.
    In this link you can see images of that event:

Alti gradi della MVSN e dirigenti delle organizzazioni giovanili nazi-fasciste europee sfilano a Milano in occasione del Campionato della Gioventù Europea - Reparto Attualità - Scheda fotografica - Istituto Luce - Cinecittà - Senato della Repubblica

P.S:To give an idea of the size, I photographed the object with a graduated in-inch scale.

Regards
    Roberto

A little G.I.L. sports memory....A little G.I.L. sports memory....A little G.I.L. sports memory....A little G.I.L. sports memory....A little G.I.L. sports memory....

?

Neat! Never seen one. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

MAP
    ?

Very nice Roberto.

And thanks for being kind to us over here who still haven't grasped the metric system
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)