Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M33 helmet-medic

Article about: Morning everyone, I just found this example of M33 helmet used by medical staff; the very large red cross in front and back is not a common thing for Italian helmets, perhaps it was part of

Default M33 helmet-medic

Morning everyone,
    I just found this example of M33 helmet used by medical staff; the very large red cross in front and back is not a common thing for Italian helmets, perhaps it was part of the equipment of a field hospital, or in any case used in a context where it was important to be noticed; the color is the gray-green of the late production M33.
    Another very interesting feature of this helmet is that it is a lesser-known simplified variant, made in war economy, without air vents or rivets on the shell.
    Second-choice shells were used and fitted with a liner composed of three leather pads fixed directly to the shell; it is very reminiscent of the interior of the Swedish helmets of the same period.
    These helmets produced in limited quantities were intended for civil protection organizations and non-combatant military units.

Regards
    Roberto

M33 helmet-medicM33 helmet-medicM33 helmet-medicM33 helmet-medicM33 helmet-medicM33 helmet-medicM33 helmet-medic

?

Nice helmet!
    Nice information, I learned something new today!

Quote by Ethan View Post
    Nice helmet!
    Nice information, I learned something new today!
    Thanks Ethan, I'm glad about this, this variant of the M33 is little known and for this reason that it seemed right to share.

Regards