Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M33 RSI Navy helmet

Article about: Hi here are a few pics of my M33. the shell is stamped to the rear M.R.M, and only just noticed while taking pictures outside in the sun that the chin strap has a little ink stamp with what

?

Default M33 RSI Navy helmet

Hi here are a few pics of my M33. the shell is stamped to the rear M.R.M, and only just noticed while taking pictures outside in the sun that the chin strap has a little ink stamp with what looks like a crown on it. would this been worn on board ship or by coastal defence. Thanks for taking the time to have a look and for showing interest in my thread.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M33 RSI Navy helmet   M33 RSI Navy helmet  

M33 RSI Navy helmet   M33 RSI Navy helmet  

M33 RSI Navy helmet   M33 RSI Navy helmet  

MAP
    ?

Nice one. Looks 100% original!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

like it.

?

Nice. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

?

Does anyone know if these were worn by combat troops or coastal defence?. Also thanks for the comments.

This elmet was elmet of royal navi, the crown was cancelled after september 1943 asn you can see.
    This elmet was used by Rsi marine (troops and coastal defence) and assault troops xmas but these are usually had also a XMAS insignia.
    Sure it's before the end of the war.

?

Thankyou for for the great bit of information and taking the time to look.

I'm sorry, but the question is a bit more complicate. These helmets were also the official post war issue, in every Navy base or ship there were hundreds or thousands. Actually, the yellow anchor, for what i know, is still in use.
    Your M33 has some WWII features, as the chinstrap for example, but is almost impossible to say for sure if the anchor (and the green paint) has been applied pre '45 or after, since many WWII helmets were reworked post war near the Navy arsenals or bases workshops (so they did, for example, in the base where I was on duty in the '90's).

?

T

?

The anchor on post war helmets uses a different stencil,the stencil used on this is the pre 43 stencil that usually has the crown on top of the anchor. The crown on this helmet has been removed and the anchor has been refinished by hand to complete the anchor, you can see the different colour yellow at the top. If this was post war applied I can't imagine they would use a pre 43 stencil then rub out the anchor then refinish by hand with a brush, it would be more efficient to just use a post war stencil. Post war painted helmets are a different colour also. I'm not saying war time helmets weren't still in stores upto the 1990's as I was always of the notion there were plenty still on the books.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast