Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M34 cap?

Article about: A friend sent me this pictures and asking my opinion. I know nothing of these caps, looking for insight. Thanks, Marty

Default M34 cap?

A friend sent me this pictures and asking my opinion. I know nothing of these caps, looking for insight.

Thanks,
    Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M34 cap?   M34 cap?  

M34 cap?   M34 cap?  

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Any thoughts?

MAP
    ?

Wish I could help more Marty. I don't study these and only have a few Italian items in my collection. Looks like a Colonel rank for the Black Shirts as noted.

But I've never seen something like this. Not M34 Bustina that I'm familiar with (that has the "visor" part flipped up and the emblem on the underside). But I have done some Google searches and have found similar (repro's) that are referred to as either M40 and M42. I'm sure our Italian members will know for sure.

Here is an example I found.

Used WW2 ITALIAN FASCIST MVSN TROPICAL M42 BLACK SHIRTS BUSTINA CAP ORIGINAL WWII - UBB.threads

Hopefully this will put you on the right track.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi everyone,
    the field cap is a "Bustina" M42, in this case made in diagonal wool cloth of the type used to make the Officer's uniforms M34, I think it could be good.
    I have serious doubts about the MVSN badge, I've never seen a similar one, the star on the "fascio" is missing and its realization is not very accurate, certainly not up to an MVSN Officer.
    However this is only a opinion.

Regards
    Roberto

MAP
    ?

Great info Roberto. Don't know these caps or insignia well but I did notice the missing star. Just didn't know if that was a concern. Good thing to know next time I see one!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Id like to see some better pics of the badge, but even with such bad ones i agree with Roberto, not a good badge to me!
    Not even near to the standard quality of that time!
    Without the star on it it pretending to be one early RSI one, i dont even like the cap too, very poor quality manifacture.

The one here is another fantasy fake from a famous seller too!
    Used WW2 ITALIAN FASCIST MVSN TROPICAL M42 BLACK SHIRTS BUSTINA CAP ORIGINAL WWII - UBB.threads

I now own this hat. I purchased it at the show of Shows in Louisville 2 months ago. When I saw it, I knew it was a RSI period officer hat and a high ranking, possibly identifiable. When I got home to my books, I found it was a GNR hat of the fifth zona Della GNR which was in Venice and Verona. The Fregio is the first pattern GNR, used only for a few months. The colonnello in command was Italo Vianini, comandante dell'Ispettorato V Zona Della GNR. I'm happy to have it in my collection. I view eBay.it often and have never seen one for sale. Regular bustine are much more common. If anyone is interested he had a role in a famous trial in Verona.

Very small world.

Marty

Quote by Grigioverde View Post
    I now own this hat. I purchased it at the show of Shows in Louisville 2 months ago. When I saw it, I knew it was a RSI period officer hat and a high ranking, possibly identifiable. When I got home to my books, I found it was a GNR hat of the fifth zona Della GNR which was in Venice and Verona. The Fregio is the first pattern GNR, used only for a few months. The colonnello in command was Italo Vianini, comandante dell'Ispettorato V Zona Della GNR. I'm happy to have it in my collection. I view eBay.it often and have never seen one for sale. Regular bustine are much more common. If anyone is interested he had a role in a famous trial in Verona.
    Show us some better pictures of that then, we are always here to learn something on the matter!
    I still dont like the badge quality and the hat too to be honest!

Default RSI period hat

M34 cap?M34 cap?
    I'm new to attaching pictures, but here goes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M34 cap?   M34 cap?  

M34 cap?   M34 cap?  

M34 cap?   M34 cap?  

M34 cap?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast