Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Medaglia Guardia alla Mostra della Rivoluzione Fascista

Article about: I'm thinking of purchasing the medal below, a commermorative award from around 1934. As I understand it members of the ceremonial guard at the exhibition of the tenth anniversary of the fasc

?

Default Medaglia Guardia alla Mostra della Rivoluzione Fascista

I'm thinking of purchasing the medal below, a commermorative award from around 1934. As I understand it members of the ceremonial guard at the exhibition of the tenth anniversary of the fascist revolution were eligible for this medal. Mounting the guard at the exhibition was a special honour that was granted to various organisations of the Fascist state.

Although the pictures aren't great, it looks OK to me - I can't see any evidence of it being a cast copy. It would be very helpful to have some more opinions.

The medal is on offer at Euro 339, which feels rather expensive but then the only other example I can find with a price on is much higher, although it has its ribbon and original bar. (see Medaglia Guardia alla Mostra della Rivoluzione 1934 | Militaria Italia (1919-1939))

Thank you and a Happy New Year!

Philip

Medaglia Guardia alla Mostra della Rivoluzione FascistaMedaglia Guardia alla Mostra della Rivoluzione FascistaMedaglia Guardia alla Mostra della Rivoluzione FascistaMedaglia Guardia alla Mostra della Rivoluzione Fascista

?

I decided to buy the medal above and after looking at it carefully believe it is an original piece.

I've included some better photos below of the medal both on its own and with the other related medallions I have picked up over tha last few years. I've also included a few other things connected to the Mostra della Rivoluzione Fascista - a guidebook, some railway excursion ticket booklets, and few other bits and pieces.

My thanks also go to Roberto, who kindly helped me in several ways in this transaction.

Philip

Medaglia Guardia alla Mostra della Rivoluzione FascistaMedaglia Guardia alla Mostra della Rivoluzione Fascista

Medaglia Guardia alla Mostra della Rivoluzione FascistaMedaglia Guardia alla Mostra della Rivoluzione Fascista

Congratulations Philip,
    you put together a really interesting collection of this particular event, which in the 30's attracted much attention, this material is not common and hard to find.
    It was a pleasure for me to have been of help to you.

Regards
    Roberto

Hello,
    It's a very impressive set you gathered here Philip ! Congratulations !
    I didn't know this exhibition of the fascist revolution.

Antoine

?

Quote by Shining View Post
    Hello,
    It's a very impressive set you gathered here Philip ! Congratulations !
    I didn't know this exhibition of the fascist revolution.

Antoine
    Thank you, Antione, I'm grateful for your interest.

The exhibition was a very important event for the Fascist state in Italy and, I believe, a great success.

The wiki entry in English is very brief. The Italian version is a bit better, even with a machine translation: https://translate.google.co.uk/trans...ta&prev=search

If I get a chance, I'll post a very more things, including a leaflet for the 20th anniversary exhibition. As you might imagine, there was a big contrast between 1932, when Mussolini and Fascism still enjoyed much popular support and 1942, when Italy was mired in a disastrous and unpopular war.

Best regards, Philip