Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

mussolini fez

Article about: sorry to hear that .....its typical royal mail ive had seveal bits go missing in the past..i was lucky they were not expensive bits but it still p**sed me off i hope it turns up it might be

?

Default mussolini fez

I was offered this yesterday by a seller who said it was brought back by a relative on his return from ww2, he said it was a blackshirt fez, i have now been informed that its the type worn by mussolini himself, can anybody tell me for 100% any info on it good or bad, cheers Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mussolini fez   mussolini fez  

mussolini fez   mussolini fez  

mussolini fez  

Default Re: mussolini fez

Hi Dave,

There's a distinct similarity between your cap and 'Il Duce's'. Is there any sign of a large eagle crest having been on the front?

Cheers, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mussolini fez  
    Attached Images Attached Images mussolini fez 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Hi Ned, i dont yet have it in hand but its something i will be looking at, and thanks for the pic cheers Dave

looks like it could be the real deal..

it looks to me like there was something on the front theres def an outline of something
    Attached Images Attached Images mussolini fez 

?

did they copy everything? looks good

Hi Dave,

Looking again at this, i noticed that the black shirts fez had the 'Fasces' symbol of an axe covered in a bundle of sticks and black braiding not red. It would appear that the one your looking at has the red braiding of '1st Corporal' that was worn by Mussolini himself. Hitler was the honourary recipient of 'Corporal'.

There are repro's of these available here Google Image Result for http://www.militariacollection.com/immagini/fascist%20caps/Fez%20Militia%201%20pic.jpg but the one your looking at certainly appears to be period. I look forward to seeing more pic's when you have it in hand.

Cheers, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Hi Ned, thanks again for the link , i will post more pics when it landsfingers crossed its a goody, cheers Dave

?

Hi Dave , it certainly looks super . The quality of the insignia looks fantastic and imo couldn`t be repro`d to that standard . Looking closer at the eagles on both the one you show and in Ned`s photos of Mussolini`s fez i see they are perched on the fascist fasces symbol . Even from the images you show , the fez looks to have lovely natural aging , i like it
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

looks like its gone missing in the post sent special delivery on the 20th , royal mail have said they have lost it ,fingers crossed it turns up, rgds Dave

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast