Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

My nonno's Italian motorcycle/ insignia

Article about: Hello all! After my nonno (grandpa) passed away, I found old pictures of what I am assuming are him during his days serving in the Italian military. (For all I know, he could have been a mai

Default My nonno's Italian motorcycle/ insignia

Hello all!

After my nonno (grandpa) passed away, I found old pictures of what I am assuming are him during his days serving in the Italian military. (For all I know, he could have been a mail man or other type of civil servant that wore a uniform)

I'm trying to figure out if he served during WW2. I am also trying to gain more information on the branch of the service he was a part of, etc.

These are the only two pictures I have of him during his military career. Can anyone offer any information? Would anyone know of a database, etc. that I could put my Nonno's name into to find out more info about his service record?

THANKS!

Sorry for the poor picture quality. I'll try to get better quality pics soon!

Default Re: My nonno's Italian motorcycle/ insignia

I would say the photo on the bike is 1950's.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks for the quick response, Adrian! What makes you think 1950s?

He wears a British 1937 pattern webbing belt and the bike is certainly post war.

Cheers, ade.

Amazing eye for detail! Thank you, Ade!

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Hello all!

After my nonno (grandpa) passed away, I found old pictures of what I am assuming are him during his days serving in the Italian military. (For all I know, he could have been a mail man or other type of civil servant that wore a uniform)

I'm trying to figure out if he served during WW2. I am also trying to gain more information on the branch of the service he was a part of, etc.

These are the only two pictures I have of him during his military career. Can anyone offer any information? Would anyone know of a database, etc. that I could put my Nonno's name into to find out more info about his service record?

THANKS!

Sorry for the poor picture quality. I'll try to get better quality pics soon!
    What kind of motorcycle is that? im getting very addicted on vintage motorcycles, im trying to buy an ex-military 1961 honda.
    Cheers.
    Nuno