Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Post ww2 ?!?! Italian Navy Artillery Silver Medal

Article about: Unknown to me, Italian medal with 2 details suggesting that it was produced after ww2: 1) the plane on the front look like a jet ; 2) The hallmark of the silver manufacturer is from Firenze

Default Post ww2 ?!?! Italian Navy Artillery Silver Medal

Unknown to me, Italian medal with 2 details suggesting that it was produced after ww2:

1) the plane on the front look like a jet ;
    2) The hallmark of the silver manufacturer is from Firenze but does not have the "fascio" or "stellina" (star) mark, tags that are compulsory in the period from the 30's to the 60's of the XX century.

D=30mm ; weight 10 gr.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post ww2 ?!?! Italian Navy Artillery Silver Medal   Post ww2 ?!?! Italian Navy Artillery Silver Medal  

Post ww2 ?!?! Italian Navy Artillery Silver Medal   Post ww2 ?!?! Italian Navy Artillery Silver Medal  

You got it. I don’t have any knowledge about the hallmarks, but the name “Comando Artiglieria D.A.T. (Difesa Aerea Territoriale)” was in use from ‘52 to ‘62. And yes, definitely a jet fighter. However, not sure it had a Navy connection, most likely was an Army AAA unit.

Thanks ziomanno.