Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

... Scarce, early PNF pin badge ? Any info?

Article about: Hello... Has anyone seen this one before? The back is scraped but enough visible to show it is an early "Lorioli & Castelli... Milano via Anzani" maker's mark. Also note invisi

?

Default ... Scarce, early PNF pin badge ? Any info?

Hello...

Has anyone seen this one before? The back is scraped but enough visible to show it is an early "Lorioli & Castelli... Milano via Anzani" maker's mark. Also note invisible to the naked eye is what looks like a scratched reference number of sorts on the back along the rim below the pin circle... (see my photos)... looks like 101.H3-24A (or) 101.113-24A

Thanks in advance for your help if you have seen it before or know of this one...

Dandan

... Scarce, early PNF pin badge ?    Any info?... Scarce, early PNF pin badge ?    Any info?... Scarce, early PNF pin badge ?    Any info?... Scarce, early PNF pin badge ?    Any info?... Scarce, early PNF pin badge ?    Any info?... Scarce, early PNF pin badge ?    Any info?... Scarce, early PNF pin badge ?    Any info?

Welcome dandan,
    this pin is interesting, it is datable between 1919 to 1923, this fact can be understood from the address: "Milano Via Anzani, 3", it is the address of the old headquarters of the company "FML Lorioli & Castelli ".
    Starting from 1923, FML moved to the new headquarters in "Milano Via Bronzetti, 25".
    I had not seen a specimen like this before, but I do not think it is a P.N.F. badge, it could belong to another Fascist organization, or considering the early period, it might be the badge of some particular "Fascist Action Team".
    Blue enamel and star are the clue on which to work and then we should understand the signs of abrasion on the back, maybe a subsequent repair.
    I do not know the meaning of scratched numbers, but I do not think we were made by the FML producer, very refined in his realizations, I think were added later.
    For the moment I can not say anything else, but I keep looking at my documentation and if I find more information I add to it.

Regards
    Roberto

?

Thanks for the welcome and thanks for having a look. Perhaps the surrounding deep blue color and star represented that facet of fascism that wanted to establish control over the Mediterranean sea... Thanks again and do let me know if your research turns up anything. (dandan)

Quote by dandan View Post
    Thanks for the welcome and thanks for having a look. Perhaps the surrounding deep blue color and star represented that facet of fascism that wanted to establish control over the Mediterranean sea... Thanks again and do let me know if your research turns up anything. (dandan)
    A fascinating hypothesis and certainly in line with the ambitions of Fascism, however, the quality of manufacture makes me realize that this is not a propaganda badge but represents membership of some organization.
    At the moment I have not been able to identify it, maybe some other forum members can say more, however if I can find something, I'll let you know.

Regards
    Roberto

?

Should anyone be interested in this mystery pin... I will have it up on Ebay beginning this evening. I think it needs to be preserved in someone's protected collection rather than laying around in a home full of kids. lol
    dandan

?

Ebay Item number: 112394704932

who knows ...maybe the only one to ever surface? A neat and beautiful little piece of history!