Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is This A Shoulder Board?

Article about: Hello to everyone, new here. I'm trying to identify this recent pick up. I found one on ebay listed as a WW2 shoulder board but the seller doesn't seem too sure himself. Also, any thoughts o

Default Is This A Shoulder Board?

Hello to everyone, new here. I'm trying to identify this recent pick up. I found one on ebay listed as a WW2 shoulder board but the seller doesn't seem too sure himself. Also, any thoughts on the age of this piece? Thank you in advance.

Is This A Shoulder Board?Is This A Shoulder Board?

its either Dutch or Belgium,I think its for the old cross belts not should boards.

Its an Italian shoulder plate for Infantry, possibly mountain troops.

Tom

I found a pair with a different back and unit or reg.numbers on them here- https://www.google.com/search?q=Ital...lder+Boards%22

I wonder if the one I have is newer, older or just a different style?

?

It has a flaming bomb in the middle, and what looks like a light artillery piece on the bottom. So out of this i would say "artillery". Now i have not seen anything like this before. And i have very limited knowledge regarding italian militaria- But the design of the weapons makes me believe it is made in ww1 or after ww1.

I believe there was fierce fighting high in the mountains during ww1, they used light artillery and tried to create avalanches on each others.

If i am wrong, blame the lack of coffe&sleep. The evil roosters at my neighbours "rooster fighting farm" kept me awake all night.

MAP
    ?

I don't think it's artillery as it has crossed rifles and not cannons. I think it is infantry. That said, the unit insignia that I am familiar with are WWII era so not sure if they changed them a bit.

Here are three sites that might help. I did a quick search and didn't see it. (they all have similar examples)

AFRIKA KORPS FORUM / Pith Helmets for Italian Officers (towards bottom of page)

.: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 933 :. (toward bottom and it's for helmets)

https://archive.org/stream/TME30-420#page/n196/mode/1up (US handbook starting on page 197)

Not conclusive but I think it gives you a lot more to work with.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by dirtfisherrob View Post
    I found a pair with a different back and unit or reg.numbers on them here- https://www.google.com/search?q=Ital...lder+Boards%22

I wonder if the one I have is newer, older or just a different style?
    These are from Germanwarbooty website. A good dealer. These match up as "Line Infantry" in the links I provide.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The item at the bottom is actually a machine gun on a tripod.

Tom

Quote by StuG III View Post
    The item at the bottom is actually a machine gun on a tripod.

Tom
    That's what it looks like to me too!...

I forgot the Italians had a king in them days.[idiot]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast