Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts on this Italian(?) Adrian Helmet?

Article about: Hello Folks - Came across this odd Adrian and wondered if anyone had any thoughts on it? Looks to be typical Italian Model 1916, but the star on the front also appears to be contemporary wit

Default Thoughts on this Italian(?) Adrian Helmet?

Hello Folks -

Came across this odd Adrian and wondered if anyone had any thoughts on it?

Looks to be typical Italian Model 1916, but the star on the front also appears to be contemporary with it, as it has several coats of paint as does the helmet. Also, there was a backing to the star and two 'vertical slots' one on each side of the star. New to me! Looks like it had a coat of gold that has washed off.... ?? Green on the inside, black outside and riveted comb on the top. Partial Italian Green Chinstrap on one bale. Beneath the paint, the star is made of brass.

Thanks for looking!
    - Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on this Italian(?) Adrian Helmet?   Thoughts on this Italian(?) Adrian Helmet?  

Thoughts on this Italian(?) Adrian Helmet?  

Default Re: Thoughts on this Italian(?) Adrian Helmet?

I'm by no means an authority on these helmets but I'm pretty sure that the Italian Adrian helmet did not use rivets to hold the crest piece on but instead welded it. Also, at least on the examples I have seen the oval opening, on the crown shoul be wider on one end than that other. I do admit however, that I have only seen a few examples of the Italian form Adrian. Best to wait for a few of the much more experianced collectors to chime in before you form an opinion. Russ