Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts on this Italian M91(?) Bayonet and Scabbard?

Article about: Hello Folks - Bit of a strange one. No traces of any Italian serial numbers or proofs anywhere. Muzzle ring seems to have been pushed forward the the top straightened and the lower section f

Default Thoughts on this Italian M91(?) Bayonet and Scabbard?

Hello Folks -

Bit of a strange one. No traces of any Italian serial numbers or proofs anywhere. Muzzle ring seems to have been pushed forward the the top straightened and the lower section fashioned into a somewhat quillon. Scabbard frog stud has been made to look like a German Style and numbered '75.'

I don't have a clue, but the lack of wear on the scabbard where the frog would have been suggests it was well used and the oddities of both seems to suggest they were meant to be a set.

Best regards!
    - Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on this Italian M91(?) Bayonet and Scabbard?   Thoughts on this Italian M91(?) Bayonet and Scabbard?  

Thoughts on this Italian M91(?) Bayonet and Scabbard?   Thoughts on this Italian M91(?) Bayonet and Scabbard?  

?

Default Re: Thoughts on this Italian M91(?) Bayonet and Scabbard?

hello Mike, can you please add the measurements? overal, blade, etc. Thanks
    Regards

Matt

Default Re: Thoughts on this Italian M91(?) Bayonet and Scabbard?

Could it perhaps be an Austrian modification ?

They captured a lot of M91s in WW1 and made various modifications to the bayonets.

Regards

Richie

Hello everyone. Italian Army adopted during 1st WW one scabbard very similar to this,but not this.I have no idea what type of scabbard is this. Sure is not Austrian, similar but the frog stud is not the usual Austrian, very strange. Italian scabbard that I am talking about is similar to this, completely smooth, and has no swivels on the side. The only swivel is which that fixes the frog stud,in the front part of the scabbard. And the stud is the same of leather Carcano 91 bayonets scabbard. This type of smooth scabbard is hard to find in Italy due to the very small production,but as soon as I find a picture of the scabbard I'll post it. Besides this, I have never seen or read it heard of Italian Carcano 91 bayonet metallic scabbards with serial numbers or markings...

Bayonet Carcano M.1891 Italian.
    Scabbard for mauser ...m24 yugoslavia? Israel?