Become our sponsor and display your banner here

What exactly do i have here?

Article about: Hey guys i popped to the local carboots today and picked up these two items. The first is what i believe to be an Italian Divisional Arm shield? although the seller thought it was French. Th

Default What exactly do i have here?

Hey guys i popped to the local carboots today and picked up these two items. The first is what i believe to be an Italian Divisional Arm shield? although the seller thought it was French. That cost me 12 and i am pretty sure that i got it at a good price but do any of you guys know where i can combine prices with this item? Also i brought a small badge for 5, there was a small emblem on the badge which i recognised and had a look through a couple of books and i think that it is czechoslovakian. Could you guys see if my hunches are right and also could you help me with some more information on these items.
    Thanks, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0305.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	269.5 KB 
ID:	345272   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0306.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	258.9 KB 
ID:	345271  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0307.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	252.1 KB 
ID:	345273   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0308.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	255.5 KB 
ID:	345274  

Default Re: What exactly do i have here?

Can anybody help me please?
    Thanks, Glen.

Top one is an Italian Infantry badge, wwII, and the other one is as you said Czech. The Czech badge is a badge worn by the legionairs who fought in wwI. The Italian 23rd Infantry regiment Murge fought with the Germans in Yougaslvia (operation Weiss?).

Thank you for your response, would the italian badge be worn on the arm?
    Thanks, Glen.

?

Top one is a W.W.2 Italian sleeve shield. Division 23 MURGE. You got a deal. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Yes, the Italian badge was worn on the arm.