Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 Italian Officers Peaked Cap

Article about: Not my usual area of collecting but I am tempted to buy this Artillery officers cap. Does it look ok / any issues I am missing? Thnk you, nic.

Default WW2 Italian Officers Peaked Cap

Not my usual area of collecting but I am tempted to buy this Artillery officers cap. Does it look ok / any issues I am missing? Thnk you, nic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Italian Officers Peaked Cap   WW2 Italian Officers Peaked Cap  

WW2 Italian Officers Peaked Cap   WW2 Italian Officers Peaked Cap  

WW2 Italian Officers Peaked Cap  

?

Hi Nic , i cant authenticate the cap for you but like you i think it looks impressive and has a good chance .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Thank you Alan for the feedback. The pictures are not great but it looks good to me.

MAP
    ?

Although the the branch of service is different, it compares well to mine. I think this is the second model (style) that was designed to more closely mimic the German high peaked look. I really like the look of these.

If you look at this post you can see the two variations I'm talking about in the second photo. Both Italian visors are on the right side of the 2nd picture

My Visors
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I Like it-not a common sight, Italian caps! No glaringly red flags that I'm seeing on it! The single gold band on it signifies a Lieutenant's rank, if I am recalling it correctly. Reasonable price?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

MAP
    ?

Not sure what the going rate is on these. I think I spent $200+/- for each two years ago. Not sure if that is a good benchmark.

You don't see them often over in the US. I was lucky as my dealer was able to pick up many hats and visors out of an old US collection.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It's looking like the average price these caps are bringing are between 2 and 300 bucks. Oddly, the price does not reflect their scarcity.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

MAP
    ?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    It's looking like the average price these caps are bringing are between 2 and 300 bucks. Oddly, the price does not reflect their scarcity.
    Agree 100% William. I was fortunate to pick up my two visors, plus a beautiful Facist Fez, pith helmet, Alpine cap as well as a minty Bersaglieri cappello di Feltro for very good prices.

Thank you for the replies, especially the comparison photos. In regard to cost I got it for £152.

MAP
    ?

Lol...that's the current exchange rate for the £/$ maybe it's a sign??

I think that is a great price especially the condition which looks great. Mine is a bit more salty.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast