Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

ww2 Italian Tunic/Kepi?

Article about: Hello all, This is not my area of collecting. I have been offered these items: A ww2 Italian tunic and a kepi. The tunic is supposedly that of a 2nd Lieutenant of the 'Alpini' division; 1939

Default ww2 Italian Tunic/Kepi?

Hello all,
    This is not my area of collecting. I have been offered these items: A ww2 Italian tunic and a kepi. The tunic is supposedly that of a 2nd Lieutenant of the 'Alpini' division; 1939. The kepi is meant to be that of a North African French Foreign Legion. What would be a fair price to pay for these things, if they are worth investing in?
    Thanks very much!
    Attached Images Attached Images ww2 Italian Tunic/Kepi?  ww2 Italian Tunic/Kepi?  ww2 Italian Tunic/Kepi?  ww2 Italian Tunic/Kepi? 

Default Re: ww2 Italian Tunic/Kepi?

It's difficult to tell from the very small photos, of course, but I do know that I Definitely do not like the look of the Kepi.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks for the response. I agree with you about the Kepi, looks post war for sure. The small pics are an issue, I apologize
    Regards

pmc
    ?

The Tunic as per the collar tags, appears to belong to the 63°,64° 363° Infantry Regt "Cagliari" Div, they are missing the white metal star.
    The rank is that of a 2nd Lieutenant Officer as indicated on the cuff of the Jacket .As per the insignia on his shoulder board with red piping he is an infantry officer that is a crown over crossed Rifles, Alpini insignia would have green piping and an Eagle with spread wings over crossed rifles with a cornet super imposed over the rifles.
    The Kepi is Modern, my friend who served in the French Foreign Legion in the 80's has one exactley the same as shown.
    Hope this helps