MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

ww2 Military Pass?

Article about: This came in with some badges i found the other week , looks to be a Pass

Default ww2 Military Pass?

This came in with some badges i found the other week , looks to be a Pass
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww2 Military Pass?   ww2 Military Pass?  

ww2 Military Pass?   ww2 Military Pass?  

ww2 Military Pass?   ww2 Military Pass?  

ww2 Military Pass?  

Yes Kradman, it is a pass that allowed this Caporal Maggiore of the Regio Esercito to access the French territories in North Africa, as established by the French-Italian armistice of June 24, 1940.
    This is the text of Article III of the Franco-Italian armistice agreement which establishes the rules on French territories in Africa under Italian control; which I tried to translate into English, I hope correctly:

Art. III. - In the metropolitan French territory, the area included between the lines of art. II and a current line fifty kilometers as the crow flies from them will be, for the duration of the armistice, demilitarized.
    In Tunisia, for the duration of the armistice, the zone between the current Libyan-Tunisian border and the line marked on the attached map will be demilitarized.
    In Algeria and in the territories of French Africa south of the same, bordering on Libya, for the duration of the armistice an area between the Libyan border and a parallel line distant from it two hundred kilometers will be demilitarized. As long as Italy's hostilities against the British Empire last and for the duration of the armistice, the territory of the colony of the Somali French coast will be completely demilitarized.
    For the duration of the armistice, Italy will have full and constant right to use the ports and port facilities of Djibouti and the Djibouti - Addis Ababa railway, in the French section, for transport of any kind.

Looking at the last photo, there are the exit and entry stamps of Guidonia airport, near Rome; it seems that he went to Africa on February 15, 1942, and returned to Italy on September 5, 1942.
    However an interesting document in very good condition

Regards
    Roberto
    Last edited by OldSteel; 04-14-2019 at 02:16 PM. Reason: add info

Thank you Roberto