Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Italian Aircraft Gauge ???

Article about: Looking for help in answering a technical question about this gauge. 1.) "Is this a WWII Italian aircraft gauge or a post war item?" (please ignore the modern mounting screws) 2.)

Default WWII Italian Aircraft Gauge ???

Looking for help in answering a technical question about this gauge.

1.) "Is this a WWII Italian aircraft gauge or a post war item?" (please ignore the modern mounting screws)

2.) "How did you determine that"

Really hope someone out there can guide me on this...

WWII Italian Aircraft Gauge ???WWII Italian Aircraft Gauge ???

Morning,
    the maker "Filotecnica Salmoiraghi" produced these variometers in the 30/40s, but later also in the post-war period; I am not an expert but in my opinion this example, although very similar to the WW2 examples, it can be dated in the post-war for the following reasons:
    The maker company name in the 30/40s was "La Filotecnica Ing. A. Salmoiraghi S.A."; and the scale used for the measurement was m/sec (as Italian tradition).
    While in the post-war period it became:
    "Filotecnica Salmoiraghi SpA Milano", and the scale used feet/min (of Allied derivation).

In the internet I found this image of the WW2 period variant.

Regards
    Roberto
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Italian Aircraft Gauge ???  

Another excellent point! I have owned wartime guages and they were in m/sec - never thought about the transition back to ft/sec.
    Thanks

David