Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1883 Model Naval Officer Dirk

Article about: Hi All, I am pleased to show you my Japanese Navy Officer Dirk/Dagger, this one came from a vet's son in Arkansas, I believe it was never taken apart and has a nice even patina. The grip is

Default 1883 Model Naval Officer Dirk

Hi All,
    I am pleased to show you my Japanese Navy Officer Dirk/Dagger, this one came from a vet's son in Arkansas, I believe it was never taken apart and has a nice even patina. The grip is genuine ray skin and the scabbard is the shark skin pattern, I took some nice close ups for you guys, the detail is really superb in hand, but the real beauty lies within, the blade is like a mirror! markings under the crossguard show a N inside of a diamond shape and an anchor inside a cherry blossom shape, not sure what the N stands for, maybe Nagano? where it was made possibly, I am assuming this is a early wartime made piece, any help or comments is always appreciated!!
    1883 Model Naval Officer Dirk1883 Model Naval Officer Dirk1883 Model Naval Officer Dirk1883 Model Naval Officer Dirk1883 Model Naval Officer Dirk1883 Model Naval Officer Dirk1883 Model Naval Officer Dirk1883 Model Naval Officer Dirk1883 Model Naval Officer Dirk1883 Model Naval Officer Dirk1883 Model Naval Officer Dirk

that's a beautiful dirk.

?

Nice find.

Very nice!
    Been looking for one of these for a while now.
    Congrats!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Very nice example and one I'm sure Thomas (Gunto) will be able to tell you all about as they fall within his area of expertise.

Regards,
    Stu

?

Man that is a beauty!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Thats is in great condition ,but missing a wire on the handle ( they often do). The sakura stamp with anchor is Toyokawa navy arsenal stamp and the N in diamond is unknown maker.
    My guess of age is from 1926-1935.

Thanks guys, yes gunto it is only missing a small part of lower grip wire from the cherry blossom down, barely noticable it is a very elegant piece in hand. I would love to find a period photo of one in wear.

?

Here a cadet with dirk. Its difficult to find photos showing the hole dirk.

Last photo.
    Number 5 from left is a dirk from same maker ,but it dosnt have the Toyokawa naval stamp.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1883 Model Naval Officer Dirk   1883 Model Naval Officer Dirk  

1883 Model Naval Officer Dirk  

?

How many dirks does one collector really need? Just one more!

Great group you have there Thomas! Thanks for showing it.

Regards,
    Stu

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast