Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

2 Japanese uniform jackets: Authentic WW II?

Article about: Dear all, May I ask you what do you think about these 2 Japanese uniform jackets please? They are authentic WW II? With best wishes alter musketier 1) 2)

Default 2 Japanese uniform jackets: Authentic WW II?

Dear all,

May I ask you what do you think about these 2 Japanese uniform jackets please? They are authentic WW II? Any informations are wellcome.

With best wishes
    alter musketier

1)
    2 Japanese uniform jackets: Authentic WW II?2 Japanese uniform jackets: Authentic WW II?2 Japanese uniform jackets: Authentic WW II?2 Japanese uniform jackets: Authentic WW II?2 Japanese uniform jackets: Authentic WW II?2 Japanese uniform jackets: Authentic WW II?

2)
    2 Japanese uniform jackets: Authentic WW II?2 Japanese uniform jackets: Authentic WW II?2 Japanese uniform jackets: Authentic WW II?2 Japanese uniform jackets: Authentic WW II?2 Japanese uniform jackets: Authentic WW II?2 Japanese uniform jackets: Authentic WW II?
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

All good, but i suspect the Tabs have been added later

?

Both legitimate. As mentioned the tabs on the second one are later add on's.

I can't clearly see the lable in the second jacket, but the name looks like:

村上 静雄
    Murakami Shizuo

It is dated
    昭和二十年五月
    Shōwa nijūgo-nen go-gatsu
    1945, May

--Guy

A nice example of both winter and tropical uniform.

Rod
    ?

Top jacket; issue stamps say: (oval stamp over the large one) 98 Type.

Big square one, read from right to left: (size) 6, Showa 17 (1942), Osaka Depot.

Nice, unissued.

Rod

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your answers and evaluations. Wow, I would not have seen that the tabs were added later. I have just re-started my interest in Japanese military objects (now in real ones after a very, very long time when I played with the Airfix plastic soldiers in my childhood ).

May I ask you when the winter unifom was worn, maybe at which campaigns during WW 2? And maybe who used it: Army, Navy, Air Force, civil organisations, maybe police too?

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Rod
    ?

Quote by Alter Musketier View Post
    May I ask you when the winter unifom was worn, maybe at which campaigns during WW 2? And maybe who used it: Army, Navy, Air Force, civil organisations, maybe police too? r
    The Type 98 tunic is for Enlisted / NCO army personnel only (including the Imperial Army Air Force and Shipping (Boat) Corp).

It would have been worn in cool temperatures, Japan, Manchuria, China and the Aelutian Islands primarily.

Quote by Rod View Post
    The Type 98 tunic is for Enlisted / NCO army personnel only (including the Imperial Army Air Force and Shipping (Boat) Corp).

It would have been worn in cool temperatures, Japan, Manchuria, China and the Aelutian Islands primarily.
    Dear Rod,

Thank you very much for your answer.

With best wishes
    alter musketier

Dear all,

Once again, thank you very much for your evaluations. At the end I have prefered to buy the winter tunic because there were no new changes.

With best wishes
    alter musketier